Clutch slips. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Clutch slips.

Anytime I get hard on the throttle my RMPs shoot up but my speed doesn't increase.

I have a F3 800 15 engine in my bike that has the clutch slipping issues. I also have a 2013 f3 600 engine that isn't being used.

The parts seem to match going off online part pieces for sale online. I know the 800 has a slipper clutch but the 600 doesn't but the parts still seem the match.

Can I pull the clutch plates out of the 600 and put them in 800 bike? Is there thing I should know about before I make this attempt if it is possible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Established Member

I had the same problem and solved it for free by putting a 2mm washer/shim inline with the spring.

I posted the solution with detailed pictures in the technical section for 3 cylinder engines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 10:21 AM

New Site Garage
The 675 plates will work. The clutch stack height is important. When it gets less than required the clutch slips, also when the plates get glazed the clutch slips.

De-glaze all the plates you intend to use before assembling the clutch stack. Emory cloth and a hard flat surface will do if you don't have access to a blast unit.

Also make sure the clutch cable/lever has a little play because when the clutch gets hot the cable gets a little tighter and could allow the clutch to slip. Cheers

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 03:33 PM

In addition to the above, remove the clutch cover and inspect the 6 hex screws for tightness as well as the extension pieces which they screw into. In my slipper clutch, the extension piece became loose resulting in lost pressure and clutch slippage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

So I opened up my clutch and I noticed I was missing a Clutch Plate and a Friction disc compared to what is listed in the clutch assembly parts list for buying parts online. The parts list shows 6 plates and friction discs in the middle and mine only have 5 of each. Is that significant? Do I need to add another clutch plate and friction disc?

Also, I noticed Friction discs all had a flat spots on portion that was right next to where it was notched on the outside. All 3 notches had flat spots on both sides for all the middle plates on both sides, so I don't if this is a feature of the friction disc or if this is just where they all wear down first- Is this wear or a normal feature?

Thanks for all the replies.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Established Member

Yeah that will do it. Springs are looser aswell with less plates.

Pictures would help...Not sure about the flat spots your referring to but in the topic clutch issues I go over the thickness of the friction material tolerances. If it's not within range replace them.

If you have one side thicker (friction material) than the other you could have a combo of weak and stronger springs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode