Next step: reflash stock or buy ECU? updownshifter fix?er - MVAgusta.net
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Next step: reflash stock or buy ECU? updownshifter fix?er

Okay, I am really hoping to make a clear post on the situation because it is a bit overwhelming (at least for me).

First off: I have a F3 2013 675 with an Engine swapped out for a 2015 800 engine.

I wanted to upgrade my quickshifter to an up and down shifter. I bought the latest MV augusta Up/down sensor and put it on my bike. I thought the dealer could load another Map on the bike and the up/downshift, however, that did not work.

I found on these forums that my harness was an older version and need to be modified with a 5 volt wire on pin one. I told the shop and they said they could do the modification, however, they told me my up/down shifter still wouldn't work unless I bought a race ecu.

So guys what are my options to make my up/downshifter work? Would ECU Studio work on my stock ECU to make my up/down shift operational on a old modifited harness with a mv agusta sensor?

Do I have to buy race ecu? and which ones would work with my set up? Is there someone I could mail my ECU to that could solve this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:03 AM

Ok, let me try.

So you have swapped out the EAS 1.0 sensor for the 2.0 sensor. If your bike had a 1.0 sensor then you will need to do one of the following.
a) Add a 5V wire to the connector from either the Tip Over sensor or Exhaust Valve
b) if your bike harness already has 3 wires, you will still need to replace the 5v wire from a feed with sufficient current to drive the sensor, take the wire from either the Tip Over sensor or Exhaust Valve.
ECU Studio provides an instruction leaflet on this

Yes ECUStudio can enable the QS and Blipper on your ECU (i've done it on F3's, Brutales and F4's). It does not matter that it was originally a 675 and now an 800 (all eldor ECU's are the same (on MV's) from B3 to F4, just the flash that is different)

No you don't need a Race ECU and be careful, for 2 reasons, if you don't have the software you cant adjust the Race ECU so you are stuck with the basic settings, also there are more than one vendor that sell Race ECU's which are stock ECU's flashed with ECUStudio. It's still a race ecu, but the cost is the same as buying ECUStudio, without the benefit of being able to make changes and update as new maps are available from MV (via ECUStudio).

Solutions:
a) buy ECUStudio and follow the guide to flash with the latest 800 ROM and add the wire (€475+tax(if appropriate)+shipping)
b) send your ECU to ECUStudio and get them to flash for you, you need to add the wire (€280??+tax(if appropriate)+shipping)
c) depending where you are in the world, use a local member to flash by mail or in person (licence will cost €200+tax(if appropriate) + shipping to the member and back), the member must have the F3 800 module or the Pro kit for it to work.

Where are you based, if you were in the UK, I'd say come down to me and within 90 mins (including teas) we can flash (the ecu) and add the wire.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750

Last edited by dansoarr; 08-14-2019 at 03:07 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dansoarr For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Bloody hell Aaron, you sure do have some clout with these bikes. All power to you, and great offer to 'Neal'.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:15 AM

I was waiting for the oracle of all ECU knowledge, Aaron, to answer this one.

Dragster 800 2015
F4 RR 2013
Brutale 1090 RR 2011 - Sold
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

I am in San Diego California. Seems like buying the ECUStudio kit is the best option. I hope the guys at the shop got wiring correct.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I am in San Diego California. Seems like buying the ECUStudio kit is the best option. I hope the guys at the shop got wiring correct.
I live nc, perhaps we can split it with two license and send it back and forth?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:53 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
Ok, let me try.

No you don't need a Race ECU and be careful, for 2 reasons, if you don't have the software you cant adjust the Race ECU so you are stuck with the basic settings, also there are more than one vendor that sell Race ECU's which are stock ECU's flashed with ECUStudio. It's still a race ecu, but the cost is the same as buying ECUStudio, without the benefit of being able to make changes and update as new maps are available from MV (via ECUStudio).

I really wonder why MV includes another ECU with the RC bikes if it's pretty much just a map away from the stock ECU to get it "RC specced"... Both are Eldor and look identical. Or is it something special with the "Race ECU" that MV provides?

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyOwl View Post
I really wonder why MV includes another ECU with the RC bikes if it's pretty much just a map away from the stock ECU to get it "RC specced"... Both are Eldor and look identical. Or is it something special with the "Race ECU" that MV provides?

Nothing special, I have the RC rom in my F4 .

The reason for the 2 ECUs is that the Elsie can only contain 1 'tune'. You can't have multiple maps to suit different exhausts etc

The way the ECU works is that the tune in the ROM is optimal and then Rain and Normal modes slow down the response time or limit the torque etc, the tune is the same. Therefore if they did not supply 2 ECUs then they would have to supply flash kits.

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangydave View Post
I live nc, perhaps we can split it with two license and send it back and forth?
Luca at ECUStudio will be happy to oblige just ask for 2 licences, if both bikes are the same model e.g F4 or F4RR or F4RC then you only need two licences. If one bike is for example an F3 and the other an F4 then you need to purchase another bike 'module' from ECUStudio I think it's about 120 euro but don't quote me on that I have the Pro kit so no need for modules.

2015 MV F4, ABS

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 01:13 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansoarr View Post
Nothing special, I have the RC rom in my F4 .

The reason for the 2 ECUs is that the Elsie can only contain 1 'tune'. You can't have multiple maps to suit different exhausts etc

The way the ECU works is that the tune in the ROM is optimal and then Rain and Normal modes slow down the response time or limit the torque etc, the tune is the same. Therefore if they did not supply 2 ECUs then they would have to supply flash kits.

I see. Oh well, I'm not complaining at having an extra ECU laying around with stock map on it in case I need to bolt on the stock exhaust again

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in