F3 675 - Brake light always on "brake" - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy F3 675 - Brake light always on "brake"

Hi dear MV-enthusiasts

I'm owning a f3 675. Some time ago the brake light had some problems and stopped working. I ordered a new one, took about 4 months.. when it finally arrived i changed the old one with the new one.
But now when i now start the ignition (it's the same with engine off or running) the brake light is always on. Its like i'm braking all the time.
There is also not realy the possibility to mess up something when changing the rear light. So maybe you guys do know a solution or heard of this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM

The first thing I would be looking at, is the brake light switches.

I would disconnect both the rear and front brake light switches and see if the bulb does not light. If it does not, then it will be one of the switches. Reconnect them one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. Make sure the switches are free from water and dirt, as they could be causing a short, which would illuminate the brake bulb.

If it is not the switches then check the connector on to the light fitting, again making sure it is free from water and dirt.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The brake light is illuminated when it is connected by either the front brake lever switch or the rear brake pressure switch. Try unplugging each of these to see if the light goes out.
Then figure out why it isn't working.
If neither turns the light off then there is a short in the brake light wiring somewhere (or an incorrect connection).

Was typing this at the same time XPARAUK was making his post.!! so there you have it.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 07-21-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Okay thank you very much for the quick response!
I will try this out within the next few days
Thank you

Tags
brake, brakelight, light, rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode