2013 F3 675 loss of power, running on 2 Cyl - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

2013 F3 675 loss of power, running on 2 Cyl

Was riding the other day and heard a small pop then bike went down to what feels like 2cyl. No CEL or any other noises. I'm hoping it's not a valve issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Could it just be coils or plugs (Long shot but I'm hoping)? Bike has 10,900 miles and when I drained oil I have no metal flakes in the oil, looks clean and drain plug did not have any abnormal metal shavings. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstaas62 View Post
Was riding the other day and heard a small pop then bike went down to what feels like 2cyl. No CEL or any other noises. I'm hoping it's not a valve issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Could it just be coils or plugs (Long shot but I'm hoping)? Bike has 10,900 miles and when I drained oil I have no metal flakes in the oil, looks clean and drain plug did not have any abnormal metal shavings. Any help would be much appreciated.
Bad news, I'm 95% certain you have dropped a valve, easiest way to confirm is to take the airbox off look past the butterfly valve and check to see if all inlet valves are intact.

Where are you located?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately you are correct. pulled airbox off and metal all over the place. Any good shops in the US that can rebuild these motors or who sell replacement motors with upgraded valves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Where are you located???

Mark at the DucShop builds engines for high end pro race teams. And he is an authorized MV dealer.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

I am located in Cincinnati, Ohio but I am willing to ship out the motor if it's going to the right place. I will try to give them a call or email today. Appreciate your help.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:40 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Chad Wells at Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville is also an experienced engine builder with a very high regard (he builds Indian FTR engines for top level dirt track racers among others things). He is closer to you.
Also a MV dealer.

Tell him I sent you ... that might be a mistake, but what the heck... :-)

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Commonwealth is no longer an MV Dealer unfortunately. That was the shop I would have taken it to.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:24 AM

New Site Garage
Ss62 - I second the recommendation of having Mark Sutton rebuild the engine. If you can get Bruce Myers to do it that would be a great choice as well. Both are good as it gets.

If the engine is very damaged, might be a good time to buy a nice used 800 triple engine and upgrade or put in the big bore kit, you probably need pistons with the valve dropped. The head may or may not be salvageable. Depends on how bad it is inside. Could be simple as new seats and valves, some springs and clean up... if you were lucky.

If not it will be somewhat more costly. You could look for a used cylinder head. Salvage places may have one available.

Best of luck, you are now a member of the "one of many" who have experienced the triple's weak link. Commiserations

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
Old 07-08-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. I knew it was a possibility when I purchased it 2 years ago. But I refuse to let this bike sit. I have many in my garage and this is by far my favorite. I just need helping getting in touch with the right people to get it back up and going.

As far as the head, I will tear it down this week and see what I'm working with. But I agree with the big bore kit. I was waiting for this motor to finally give up so I could justify going the 800 route.

And thank you for Inducting me to the club. Haha.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstaas62 View Post
Thank you for the help. I knew it was a possibility when I purchased it 2 years ago. But I refuse to let this bike sit. I have many in my garage and this is by far my favorite. I just need helping getting in touch with the right people to get it back up and going.

As far as the head, I will tear it down this week and see what I'm working with. But I agree with the big bore kit. I was waiting for this motor to finally give up so I could justify going the 800 route.

And thank you for Inducting me to the club. Haha.
Its by far my favorite bike also. Let us know what route you will take. A lot of guys here on this forum ready to help you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in