10Likes
  • 6 Post By Snakester
  • 2 Post By esq'z me
  • 1 Post By PTsalas
  • 1 Post By Fastspy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta USA Customer Service

I wanted to share my experience with MV Agusta after sales customer service. I have a 2014 Brutale 800 that is in need of a Sprag clutch. I had ordered 1 but as we know they are back ordered and hard to come by. So I contacted MV Agusta USA. The next morning I received a email from after sales by Ian Adkins. He asked for my vin and informed me that my bike was in need of 2 issues. 1 the updated Sprag and 2 the clutch basket. My bike is out of warranty for the Sprag but MV will provide me with the new Sprag as a gesture of goodwill but not labor. 2 the clutch basket will be covered also with labor. He contacted the dealer in my area and gave them a heads up and told me how to contact them to get the process going. I am beyond surprised with this customer service. We all know the norm with most everything is after the sale and warranty are over we are often SOL. I am really impressed with MV Agusta USA. I will follow up after the service is completed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:16 AM

Hi Snakester I too have had a good experience with MV USA in Croyden Pa. When I upgraded my F4RR to F4RC spec they offered any help to dealer in programing Microtech ecu and got me my carbon fiber tail piece that usually reserved for F4RC models . BTW the Black/white color scheme on the tailpiece looks like it is facory design with the white F4RR color scheme ..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakester View Post
I wanted to share my experience with MV Agusta after sales customer service. I have a 2014 Brutale 800 that is in need of a Sprag clutch. I had ordered 1 but as we know they are back ordered and hard to come by. So I contacted MV Agusta USA. The next morning I received a email from after sales by Ian Adkins. He asked for my vin and informed me that my bike was in need of 2 issues. 1 the updated Sprag and 2 the clutch basket. My bike is out of warranty for the Sprag but MV will provide me with the new Sprag as a gesture of goodwill but not labor. 2 the clutch basket will be covered also with labor. He contacted the dealer in my area and gave them a heads up and told me how to contact them to get the process going. I am beyond surprised with this customer service. We all know the norm with most everything is after the sale and warranty are over we are often SOL. I am really impressed with MV Agusta USA. I will follow up after the service is completed.
Good for you I am always happy to hear of great customer service. Do you have the POC for them. I want to ask some questions. Thanks you and again good for you!

James M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:41 AM

Midnicrow mv usa phone...215-781-1770 bristol pa
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Follow up, so I got my bike back last week. My bike was at the dealer from end of May to the end of September. The sprag and clutch work had been completed by 8/20. I had asked them to clear a coolant sensor error and could not get it to clear so they ordered a coolant temp sensor but MV was on Vacation. Once they got the sensor it was apparent that it was a harness issue. They tried to get MV to replace the harness but they refused(bike is past warranty) but they did cover fixing the bad connection. So I was told the bike was ready on a Thursday. I ask when they can deliver it per the service advisor I had been dealing with. The new service advisor sez that advisor was not working there anymore and the new manager will not honer that.I told them I would be there Friday. I showed up by 12 as I had told the service advisor. When I went to start the bike it would not start. Battery had not been left on a tender. They took the bike in the back and then told me the battery needed to b charged or jumped. I drove a hour and didn’t have time to wait so please jump it. 1 hour latter they bring it out running but tell me battery will need to be replaced(could have told me and asked if I wanted it replaced). I go to get on and see it’s missing a piece of trim on the right side. They go find it and put it on and the gas light turns on(it had gas in it when I left it) they put a gallon in it. The new service advisor offers me a 10% off next visit coupon. The bike ran well on the 1 hr trip home. I parked it for a few minutes then went to to check on my son at the skate park. Turned the bike off talked to him and went to start it the bike and it would not start. The battery was done. Wow I am grateful for MV USA help and MV covering the Sprag and Clutch. But the shop experience was amateurish and made a horrible representation for MV Agusta service. I work for a global company and If I told a customer that their service had been completed but they had to come get it even thou they had been told it would be delivered then when they came to pick it up it wasn’t ready and was missing parts and gas and said sorry here is a 10% off next visit coupon I would be ashamed. The service advisor was polite but had not been given the training,support or oversight he needed. I am still a MV Agusta man but the customer service at the shop was not even close to minimum expectations. The work done seems to be good but time will tell
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 07:13 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Unfortunately a common problem at motorcycle shops of all brands all over this country. Wish it weren't true, but it is.

Hope your bike continues to run well after you get a new battery. I suggest you reach out to the owner of the dealership. At least write a polite letter detailing your disappointments.
PTsalas and lucydad like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 AM

That's one reason I service and repair my bikes myself.

Obviously if it is on warranty I will take it in, but that is where the line is drawn.

The battery should have been replaced under warranty since they had it in their shop. After the repair they should have taken it for a ride to test if everything was in order. They then should have identified the battery issue and replaced it.

PS: Please type your posts in paragraphs. It wont cost you a thing and makes following easier.
esq'z me likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Established Member

Ian @ MV Agusta has provided excellent assistance for me also when I need a replacement clutch pressure switch prior to departing on a long distance multi-week ride. He definitely is an asset to MV Agusta and those that own a MV motorcycles.

I would let Ian know about your experience at that dealership to provide some consumer feedback with their handling of the situation.
esq'z me likes this.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2014 Husqvarna FE501
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Established Member

I agree with the above. No matter what happens at the national or even corporate level, dealers are always the main interface and deliverer of user experience to customers. I sold my last MV in anger because I just wanted it gone after the worst dealer experience of my life, and unfortunately it's soured me on the brand.

I keep thinking maybe I'll go back since I love the brand and product line, but after I drove 6 hours round trip for the aforementioned dealer experience, I can't bring myself to drive even further.

2015 MV Agusta Dragster RR
2015 Ninja H2
2017 Janus Phoenix
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 10:25 PM

Had a great experience with Michael at MV, today. Answered all my questions quickly and offered to help beyond what was asked. Good guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode