Rear Brake Gone ?!? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Rear Brake Gone ?!?

As the title says I have lost all the pressure in my rear brake. As sill as it may sound does anyone have an idea what is the size of the bleeder valve on 2016 F3 800 rear brake ? I want to beed them and get the speedbleeder valve but the more I research of their sizes ... the more headache I got.

Please advise- I've look in the manuals, searched forum etc can't belive that nobody has changed the stock bleeder valve =]

Thanks in advance !

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Standard motorcycle brake bleeder valve. 8 mm wrench flats. I think 6 mm hose will fit on the nipple.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voy333 View Post
As the title says I have lost all the pressure in my rear brake. As sill as it may sound does anyone have an idea what is the size of the bleeder valve on 2016 F3 800 rear brake ? I want to beed them and get the speedbleeder valve but the more I research of their sizes ... the more headache I got.

Please advise- I've look in the manuals, searched forum etc can't belive that nobody has changed the stock bleeder valve =]

Thanks in advance !
I can't believe you didn't buy a $2 plastic vernier caliper and fucking measure it yourself
Deano likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:08 AM

New Site Garage
Deleted as some information was posted in error. Sorry

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Last edited by Ducati23; 05-30-2019 at 07:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducati23 For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Cmon guys, if it was that easy I would have never posted here askin ... check out how many different types are there ... nothing on this bike is universal lol

Ps. I wanna be ready to bleed it, I dont want to find out I ordered a wrong thread size or pitch 😕
Attached Images

[email protected] likes this.

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus cars
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:00 PM

New Site Garage
Deleted - Sorry

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Last edited by Ducati23; 05-30-2019 at 07:55 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
-Redacted-
I have a feeling voy333's reply wasnt for you

Kag

Last edited by Kageira; 05-31-2019 at 06:00 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
I have a feeling voy333's reply wasnt for you

Indeed Ducati23 I was NOT reaplying to YOUR comment/advice-which I have always trully appreciated. IDK If I made it "vocal" in the past but out of thousands of members your imput always had more meaning than some other so don't take my post the complete other way ... I was using my phone and have not seen your reply before I posted mine :/

I was just under the impression that if I could swap it immediately it wouldn't introduce as much air in the system as taking it out for a longer while and then having to spend so much more time on bleeding the whole thing ... never had a bike with ABS so I'm not looking forward to having to bleed the entire thing

Anyways, as always thank you to those who actually took time and effort to help me out/guide me.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati23 View Post
It is a standard Brembo bleeder nipple. If you change to Titanium or speed bleeders the rear caliper is generally the M10 x 1.00. (A few billet rear calipers use the odd sized M7 bleeder but normal for Brembo is the M10, there are also some out there with M8 bleeders) Your bleeder nipple should be the M10 that comes standard on the various PF32 rear calipers that MV uses. The hex size can be 8mm, 9mm or 11mm. Each have been used from Brembo. Usually see the 11mm used on the front brake master, but have seen them on rear calipers from time to time. NOTE: The hex size doesn't matter, only the thread pitch and size is a concern in your case.

Weak & spongy rear brakes are well known and documented here on the forum. Use good fresh high temp fluid, take the caliper off the rotor and place it above the master while bleeding, this makes the job easier and faster. Let physics assist you in resolving the problem. Best of luck
Did you try to make so many mistakes?????

4 pad Brembo calipers
banjo bolt, 14mm hex M10x1.0
bleeder, 9mm hex M7x1.0

MonoBlocks
banjo bolt, 12mm hex M10x1.0
bleeder, 8mm hex M6x1.0

Nissin rears
banjo bolt, 12mm hex M10x1.25
bleeder, 8mm hex M8x1.25

Bleeding Brakes without using bleed screws.......

Remove caliper
rotate hose fitting to the high point
hold the caliper as low as possible
starting with the pistons farthest from the M/C
push them all the way back in
block them with a wedge
do the next ones
block them with a wedge
on the front, repeat with the other caliper
remount the caliper/s
ALL THE AIR IS NOW IN THE M/C
rotate the M/C so the return port is the high point
gently pull the lever/pedal a short distance repeatedly, until you stop hearing/seeing bubbles
remount the M/C
pump the lever/pedal until you feel resistance

You're done
Attached Images

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:05 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That's how the Motocross techs do it track side.... fast and easy.....

Just make sure you don't overflow the master cylinder reservoir when you push the caliper pistons in.....and get all the old fluid out of the reservoir (syringe and rags) and refill with fresh before you pump the brakes back up.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode