Replacement water radiator - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Replacement water radiator

Looking for advice on where to get a replacement radiator for my Brutale B3 800 (P/N 8000B7724), especially the guys in SA as I'm not too keen on waiting forever for one from overseas (the wait and the exchange rate is going to kill me). Anyone perhaps know of one for sale locally? If not, where would be a reliable, fast and reasonably priced place to buy one?

Bike - Brutale B3 800 Italia (2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
If the issue with your radiator is a leak, then you can simply have it repaired at any radiator shop.....

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
If the issue with your radiator is a leak, then you can simply have it repaired at any radiator shop.....

Thanks for the reply. It's a pretty bad leak, I'm going to get it fixed for the time being, but all the radiator places I called say they can only epoxy the leak... I have a friend who works at a custom workshop (they do custom work, including radiators, for mostly muscle cars) who have offered to weld it for me, but I run the risk of this messing up the radiator. If it works however, it only costs me a case of beers hahaha. What would you advise? Take the risk and get it welded or epoxy patch?

Bike - Brutale B3 800 Italia (2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:54 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have an epoxy patch (that I did myself) on my radiator for 8 years now.... common repair method and reliable if done properly (JB Weld type metal epoxies).

Used in automotive repairs, not just for bikes. But if your buddies are proficient aluminium welders then let them have a go at it.

I would say just ship it to Myler's Radiators .... but the shipping to and from the USA probably doesn't make sense.

https://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

By the way, they would probably use epoxy.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
^^^I am in agreement with Ed^^^

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:41 AM

New Site Garage
I have repaired radiators at trackside with a torch & solder and then epoxy over top of the repair for strength. None have ever failed in many years of doing this. One time a radiator had plastic end tanks and I plasti-welded that unit then epoxy on top. Be patient and you can do it without any real experience or expertise.

Unless the radiator is really twisted or broken, a place like Mylers is not necessary. I crushed a radiator in a yard sale end over end crash and Mylers took the twisted & crushed piece of junk and made a working radiator out of it again. They are as good as it gets with radiators & coolers. Used radiator from other bikes are a good option as well. Mounting & hose fittings can usually be welded to locations as required. Easy way to get a bigger radiator without paying the premium prices they cost.

Buying a new radiator is expensive, fixing them is easy enough. All the best!
esq'z me and Kageira like this.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:06 PM

New Site Garage
I used marine epoxy successfully a year ago. Specifically used for aluminum and fluids.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
I used marine epoxy successfully a year ago. Specifically used for aluminum and fluids.
I was just reading the specs on PC 11, 2 part marine grade epoxy. Use is limited to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. "Do not subject to sustained heat in excess of 200 degrees F.

PC-Metal or PC-Fahrenheit seem like options.

Here is a PDF link for the industrial applications:
https://www.pcepoxy.com/wp-content/u...duct-Guide.pdf

PC-7® Paste Epoxy ( see pg. 12)
is the big job epoxy. The thickest epoxy paste available anywhere. Extended open time (60
min.) makes it possible to do big areas. Non-brittle cure and excellent adhesion make PC-7®
the go to epoxy for tough situations. Simple 1 to 1 mix.

Specific Uses: Seal holes in oil and transmission pans or fuel tank · Restore tractor
steering wheel · Seal solar panel leak · Repair stainless steel basket · Fix broken zinc cast part
Attach, fill and seal sheet metal · Repair aluminum intake manifold housing · Seal cracked
engine block · Patch large hard rubber equipment tire.

PC-Metal ™ Putty Epoxy ( see pg. 15)
replaces metal. Mix with fingers and apply. Quickly PC-Metal™ cures to reattach metal (30
min). Cures hard, fast, nonconductive. Contains metal - sticks to metals such as cast iron,
zinc, aluminum, stainless steel, steel and copper.

Specific Uses: Replace broken knob on drill press · Insulate wire connections, secure
wire nuts · Rebuild and repair zinc or aluminum gear housing · Fill abandoned drill holes in
aluminum or steel · Seal stainless steel electrical panel · Stop leaking drum

PC-Fahrenheit ™ Putty Epoxy ( see pg. 15)
is the choice for temperatures up to 500° F. Premeasured stick, mix with fingers. Fast curing
(60 min). Best for steam applications. A toolbox must. Great on copper and iron.

Specific Uses: Seal cracked steam pipes or radiators · Stop leaking fittings
Fill hole in heat exchanger · Attach thermocouple to hot surface · Fill holes in metal prior to
powder coating heat curing · Repair oven cart

PC-AutoBond ™ Paste Epoxy ( see pg. 17)
fast curing flexible epoxy. Static mix nozzle supplied with package for instant mixing and precise application. Flexible cure is vibration and shock resistant. Open time 8 minutes. Ready for
return to service in less than 60 minutes. Excellent adhesive properties. Low modulus for maximum bonding strength.

Specific Uses: Reattach molding or trim · Attach ductwork for dust collector
Attach foam rubber door seal · Use static mix nozzle to seal wires thru holes in machine
walls · Seal edge of machine cover.

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:18 PM

and JB Weld High Heat Putty
https://www.jbweld.com/collections/a...at-epoxy-putty

and this lists radiators with heat temps up to 300 degrees F.
Autoweld
https://www.jbweld.com/collections/a...ducts/autoweld

Autoweld seems like the winner.
SA retailers???
https://www.jbweld.com/pages/find-a-retailer

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:58 PM

New Site Garage
I used jb marine weld. Not sure if that makes it different in terms of heat.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode