F3 675 not revving past 8000rpm - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

F3 675 not revving past 8000rpm

Hi all, 1st thanks for the acceptance.
2nd: I need some help with a 2013 F3 675 that does not want to rev over 8,000rpm, no matter what gear. It doesn't splutter to get to those revs. No warning lights come on, it's as if it is limited to 8000rpm. In neutral or with the clutch held in, it revs well past the 8,000 mark.. We have: changed the side stand switch, checked the throttle and accelerator, changed the clutch switch, checked the speed sensor. checked the fuses. Had the bike's software reset by MV and we rode with it once, it revved past the 8000 mark in first gear, but ended up doing the same in other gears. We switched off the bike and rode it again and first gear returned to max 8,000rpm. The MV agentcy in SA is currently in between owners and they don't know what to make of it.

Last edited by Nett; 03-06-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:05 AM

New Site Garage
Sounds like some sort of 35KW A2 license bike.

You bought the bike used?
silentservice703 likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

yes, bought it used. In neutral it would red line, but in gear it stops at 8,000rpm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Sounds like you have a bike with restricted output, as Black_Gold_Saw said ..... Some countries mandate a maximum power (France?) and the manufacturers achieve this by restricting engine power through the ECU.

You could confirm this by looking at the part number on the ECU and comparing it to the ECU part numbers on bikes designated for those countries (I think Japan also?).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit) restoration project, '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 03-06-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:04 AM

New Site Garage
I myself bought the F3 in 35KW version. And never actually rev bomber above 8000 rpm. So I cannot confirm if thats normal.
However, while riding no matter what gear, the RPM's woudnt go over 8000-9000'ish.

What I suggest you do if nothing works. Is to go to an actual MV Agusta dealership and let them check out your ECU.
Ask them specificly if your bike has been restricted in power to 35KW (48BHP). If they confirm its restricted then they need to login to an MV Agusta Server to update the ECU to 94KW (128BHP).

*ALSO check on your right side of the bike underneath the fairing I pointed out in the picture.(you can just look underneath it, dont have to get it off) Sits some sort of box.
On my bike theres a label stickered on with text "35KW" and some numbers. So check there.
Attached Images

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

We changed ECU's as well. The bike does the same thing. (South Africa does not get restricted units as in Europe.)
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:22 AM

Possible that you have the pit speed limiter on? I hear that our bikes have this feature, but I havent bothered to read how to use or activate it. I could be wrong though, but do investigate this.

Next step is to see what map you have loaded. The dealer could have accidentally loaded the 35Kw fuel map when they updated the bikes ECU. I am also from South Africa. The dealers get all the fuel maps so they could have loaded the restricted one on to your bike. Not sure about the details of replacing the ECU.

It definitely sounds like software issue.

Last edited by PTsalas; 03-07-2019 at 04:28 AM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:35 AM

Also when you mentioned it has been re-flashed by MV. Who is "MV" in this case. Cayanne has been closed since last year September and Fireitup have only recently received the agency like a week or two ago so they are probably also learning the ropes.

Give us some more background to how this problem came about. Was it working fine then it changed or did you buy a new bike and this problem was there from the start?

I will stick to my first post above, check the pit speed limiter then check the mapping to make sure you dont have a restricted map loaded.

I am assuming you have the bike in Sport mode and not Rain also TC on 1 or 2 and not 8
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

We went to Fire it up, they have the software. Seems like all the MV mechs are self taught. I will try your option thank you.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Established Member

I also have a 2013 675, and have driven it in rain mode and with the TC all the way up, and the revs have never restricted like that.

I’ve never seen the pit lane setting, so can’t comment on that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in