Coolant Capacity / Fluid change - F3 675 - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By esq'z me
  • 1 Post By Black_Gold_Saw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Coolant Capacity / Fluid change - F3 675

So my crush washers have arrived and I wanna do an oil & coolant & brake fluid change this week. *This will be the first time for me doing this.

Bike: F3 675 '17 ABS

(Coolant)
So I've been searching through the owners manual, workshop manual and engine manual.
Maybe I've overlooked it but I cannot seem to find the amount of liters I need to refill the F3 up. So if someone kindly could reply with the amount.
Im using Bel-ray racing coolant since bought brand new and im satisfied with the product. The bike runs cool even on warm days with the fans only kicking in when stopping in traffic.
*I have 2 bottles stored in my garage, one of those has been opened up to fill expansion container. That was 1 year ago. Is this still usable or could tiny dirt elements find its way into it?
Any tips & tricks to get air out of the system? Heard it not the easiest of bikes to get the air out.

(Brake fluid): I do not own a pump or air pressurized system. Old school handpumping needs to be done.
As for brake fluid? What do you guys recommend me for product and amount of liters. Manual recommended AGIP dot 4 isnt available in my country. Or should I keep it simple and let a mechanic do it?
Or any tips & tricks aspecially regarding the rear brake.

*(Oil)
For oil change i'll be using Eni I-ride racing 5w-40.
Oil filter Hi-Flo HF569

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:08 PM

New Site Garage
Coolant capacity is basically one of the motorcycle coolant 1/2 gallon bottles. Maybe 2 liter in europe size? Fill the system while on side stand then lean bike over fully to the left and right. Don't drop the bike!! It's heavy when leaned over! Check and top off the radiator. Then add to the reservoir while on side stand. Doesn't take much fluid. The line is pretty low.

Engine oil change is best done with the cooler drained. Cooler traps lots of dirty oil. It'll be something like 2.75 liters. Can you let us know if the new crush washer is thinner than your old one?

Brake flush for abs is a little messy. There is a techinical bulletin documenting the sequence for the abs pump.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS

Last edited by airjawed; 03-02-2019 at 09:44 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Best make sure that it's not like the Gen 1 F4s that spit out anything over 'minimum' level!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Your "opened" bottle of coolant will be fine.

As for brake fluid...buy a high quality DOT4 fluid. Don't cheap out. Brake fluids, even with the same specification (DOT4) are NOT all the same. Any quality name brand will be fine, just don't get the cheapest no-name from the auto store.
Black_Gold_Saw likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Alright @airjawed, Ill ask my father to help me lean the bike over when filling up coolant. Better safe than sorry
I'll measure the crush washer that was on, and the new one that is going to be placed.
FWIW, I recieve aluminium washers instead of copper.

@nigelrb As for the coolant level it also shoudnt be higher then MIN letters on the F3. Under pressure the coolant level rises to about 3/4th in the resorvoir.
nigelrb likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode