Diagnostic Tool for 3 cylinder Owners - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Diagnostic Tool for 3 cylinder Owners

I created a thread nearly a month ago looking for interested owners of the 3 cylinder bikes to express interest about a diagnostic tool for your MV created by ECU Studio. There was over 500 views , but only one other person , other than myself expressed interest/ emailed ECU Studio , telling them that they might be interested in some kind of soft ware to do their own diagnosis.

This thread is just an update to say that nothing will happen if more owners don't contact them .

I understand that there is a lot of gaps in understanding this , so if you are interested look at their website, see what is already available and go from there.

You are not making a commitment to buy anything- but the process has to start somewhere.
Lorretto likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 AM

Hey,

Great that we have a thread now with a "tempting" title
In an earlier reply I tried to wrap up a bit that what we are looking for
Is it worthwhile to copy that into your thread?
I also suggested to pull together interested owners here on this forum, which is a much lower
threshold for participation
People might be prepared to express there interest on this forum, but not necessarily want to contact ECU Studio
But, rest assured, I will contact them and also discuss maybe with them how we can make progress

Regards,

Evert

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for replying Evert. I took your advice from the last thread and used it here.
( in the title) Yes, do what ever you like here - your outline last time was helpful. Who knows who might read it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 PM

I am sure I could aquire a practical working knowledge of ECUs if necessary, and given the no dealer situation here, it may well become necessary. At the moment though, not a clue.

I suggest that an email be drafted by someone with a sophisticated understanding of what we are looking for, and then all of those who wish to can send an email to ECU and perhaps other manufacturers? The more who email, the more likely we will get a result.

I can help write if that helps?

The (non MV) bike shop that I go to mentined a software package that they were considering buying. I gather that there are a few? The package they were going to get already had capacity to 'turn the lights on/off' on a MV/Ducati/BMW. None of these will allow access to service bulletin/factory upgrades though, as one needs access to the MV portal for that.

I gather from articles that I have read there are performance/dyno workshops that can crack the ECU and do all sorts of wonders. I believe it cost a moderate amount of money ($1000) for the first time (of a given bike, say a TVL), but thereafter, the $ was about 10% of the first time. Not sure on $, but there would be a tech head on this forum that would have done it to one of their bikes, even if it was not an MV, I imagine?

Some of the electronics issues may well be easily solved with MV upgrades, but no service agent/dealer means no portal. I was considering something similair to what is happening here, ie puting a call out on the forum to Tasmanian/Hobart MV owners, encouraging them to lobby a good local bike shop to take on MV, at least as a service agent, if not a dealer. Before I got a chance to raise the issue with the bike shop, to ascertain possible interest, they told me that they would not become a dealer, as they already had several brands and not much room. For now, the service agent issue is dormant, but I reckon I will re-visit it later.

The Canuck fella who was not happy with MV mentioned an Australian company that had taken over the North America region for MV, and were ignoring Canada? There are probably Aussies on this forum who know people at the company, or who know people who know someone. You blokes need dealers, or at least a service agent, which is probably more important. Log onto the ASussie MV site and have a whinge, contact decent local bike shops and see if they will be service agents. Solidarity.

regards

Scott
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I suggest that an email be drafted by someone with a sophisticated understanding of what we are looking for, and then all of those who wish to can send an email to ECU and perhaps other manufacturers? The more who email, the more likely we will get a result.

I can help write if that helps?

I have quoted just a small part of your post because that is the most relevant.

1. I wrote an email to ECU early February.

Luca from ECU replies by saying here would be interested in creating a diagnostic tool for us. But gave no detail about what that would look like.

2. I create a thread on MVAGUSTA .net suggesting to MV owners to contact ECU expressing their interest.

3. Two days ago I send another email to ECU asking LUCA if there was any progress on developing this tool. His reply to me was that only two people expressed any interest and that isn't good enough to get started.

What I have been expressing here with these threads , at least to this point, is going no where. Over 500 views on the original thread and one person seemed to understand what was being asked.

So if you would like to reword/ start another thread or whatever , go for it . I just want someone to create a tool so I can do some work on my bike . So I'm open to anything.

Thanks

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:41 AM
Established Member

Would it be possible to do the thread as a forum poll that people can select yes or no if interested. I am interested in a diagnostics tool of some sort.

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 06:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLKAWASUKI View Post
Two days ago I send another email to ECU asking LUCA if there was any progress on developing this tool. His reply to me was that only two people expressed any interest and that isn't good enough to get started.

What I have been expressing here with these threads , at least to this point, is going no where. Over 500 views on the original thread and one person seemed to understand what was being asked.
Herein lies the crux of the matter: You need a certain volume of people interested or it isn't worth doing. MV is not interested because there must be a proprietary tool that they are using that was supplied by the ECU manufacturer. The number of owners who actually want to get into their diagnosticas at home are a very small percentage of owners.

I am one of those owners who would like to have access to a diagnostic tool. I have the tool for my 5SM Magneti Marelli ECUs.

I'll send a inquiry.

Chuck

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Established Member

I must be missing some fine point here. The ECU Studio site already lists support for the MVA three cylinder bikes. Is the want here something different from their current offerings?

2017 Dragster

2014 BMW R1200GS
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 08:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Landavoz View Post
I must be missing some fine point here. The ECU Studio site already lists support for the MVA three cylinder bikes. Is the want here something different from their current offerings?

ECU Studio does exist for TUNING the 3 Cylinder platform...that does not include a diagnostic platform for trouble codes and other parameters.
lussoscs likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLKAWASUKI View Post
So if you would like to reword/ start another thread or whatever , go for it . I just want someone to create a tool so I can do some work on my bike . So I'm open to anything.
Thanks

The point of a draft group email, written by someone who knows what they are talking about, is that it makes things easier for those of us who do not know what we are talking about. Moi, for example.

I got the distinct impression that there are existing tools, I will make enquiries.
lussoscs likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode