Looking for Interested Owners - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
TVL... SASKATCHEWAN CANADA ? It is not the end of the World , BUT ,you can see it from there LOLOL. You have to take can good with you on the way to the Supermarket . Areg?nt you used to driving long distance for everything? has the Bike given you problems or are you assuming you will have problems because someone bad mouthed the MV brand ? MV AGUSTA IS NOT THE SAME BIKE AS IT WAS 20/25 YEARS AGO. I have 2 F4s never had 1 problem. Even Harley Davidson has modern manufacturing plants and make a good bike. Harleys do not last as long as other manufatures bikes because of the ..V.. angle being 45 degrees. The engine isn't balanced correctly and fights itself = HONDA 45/46 degree V-Twins have same problem and do not last long (explination on why shortened engine life is too long ) ANYHOW odds are you have a great bike that's as durable as your Kawasaki so if you like the bike keep it . if you don't sell it , but not because of someone trash talking a better bike than he rides himself . BTW Todays bikes are so good 9Chinese bikes not included) most electrical problems come from owner upgrading lighting. Screwing up the job , Then blaming manufacturer. THIS IS A QUOTE FROM A DEALER WHO HAS 6 MANUFACTURERS UNDER 1 ROOF.
Count yourself lucky to have had no problems with your MV's. However, DON'T dismiss other's who have had problems and there is a long list of us! Go back through all my posts to refresh yourself with what I went through. I'll bad mouth MV bikes and the factory that won't support their dealer networks or owners as long as my lungs have air! If I had the money I would have started an action against them years ago.
It appears that there is no longer an MV Agusta importer in Canada and therefore no Dealer Network. The Australian group that took over the US distribution doesn't seem interested in Canada. So we are now left on our own. I have put less than 1000 km's on my bike in the last three years. When I do ride it I never take the bike above 10,000 rpm's for fear of dropping a valve. I worry about the day I hear the tell tale signs of yet another starter sprag nearing the end of it's use. Not to mention the clutch letting go or the rear wheel spacer turning to powder as it's ground down.
If I could have found a buyer for my bike it would have be sold long ago. I stopped visiting this site because I didn't want my negativity to bring down those who can still enjoy their motorcycles. People who live where parts and service are readily available have no idea what it's like for riders like us, forgotten in the Great White North.
dansoarr likes this.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:35 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to stay with the original subject?
That is, some of us that DO want to ride an MV and cope best with adverse circumstances, are looking
for other owners that too are interested in some diagnostic tools
'Hacking' this thread, convincing people NOT to own an MV, isn't, to say the least, very helpful
esq'z me, makers_mike and dansoarr like this.

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]0sc View Post
TVL... SASKATCHEWAN CANADA ? It is not the end of the World , BUT ,you can see it from there LOLOL. You have to take can good with you on the way to the Supermarket . Areg?nt you used to driving long distance for everything? has the Bike given you problems or are you assuming you will have problems because someone bad mouthed the MV brand ? MV AGUSTA IS NOT THE SAME BIKE AS IT WAS 20/25 YEARS AGO. I have 2 F4s never had 1 problem. Even Harley Davidson has modern manufacturing plants and make a good bike. Harleys do not last as long as other manufatures bikes because of the ..V.. angle being 45 degrees. The engine isn't balanced correctly and fights itself = HONDA 45/46 degree V-Twins have same problem and do not last long (explination on why shortened engine life is too long ) ANYHOW odds are you have a great bike that's as durable as your Kawasaki so if you like the bike keep it . if you don't sell it , but not because of someone trash talking a better bike than he rides himself . BTW Todays bikes are so good 9Chinese bikes not included) most electrical problems come from owner upgrading lighting. Screwing up the job , Then blaming manufacturer. THIS IS A QUOTE FROM A DEALER WHO HAS 6 MANUFACTURERS UNDER 1 ROOF.
Just about the end of the world tho'. Medicine Hat , Alberta is about 100 km west of here. It's an oil town or maybe more into huge reserves of natural gas. Hell is very close apparently.

Rudyard Kipling " This part of the country seems to have all hell for a basement, and the only trap door appears to be Medicine Hat. And you don't even think of changing the name of your town. It's all your own and the only hat of its kind on earth. Rudyard Kipling 1907

An yes I'm another owner who has been left stranded in a rather difficult situation with a bike I can't get fixed and also can't sell.

So we are all putting our heads together and trying to come up with a solution.
dansoarr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:27 AM

Count me in, I'm ready to purchase now.

Is it ready yet?

the thread title needs changing, only found it due to you plea in another thread you started.
lussoscs likes this.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:38 AM

Yes, a title change would indeed be helpful
Something like "Affordable diagnosis tool"

Evert

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:33 PM

Good on yer for your initiative Sashkatchewan.

While we have some excellent dealers in Australia, there are none in my state, which is an island, and a contingency plan is always a good idea. Count me in.

How to proceed from here? I suggest someone who is confident with writitng skills & knowledge of the issues an draft an email, and we can see what sort of responses we get.
The Following User Says Thank You to 110205 For This Useful Post:
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Here is the link. His name is Luca. email him-find his phone number - BUT let him know you are interested.
That is all he is asking at this point.

ECU Studio - Tech support
The Following User Says Thank You to TVLKAWASUKI For This Useful Post:
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:35 AM

Thank you
Always very helpful, when you have a náme / person one can refer to

Evert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode