Gas Position; Stop Engine. - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI View Post

The throttle handle assembly has been updated since the early models to part # 8E00B5444 which incedentally has a noticably heavier return spring. I picked one up from a wrecker/dismantler over here, fitted it and had my local dealer clear the error code and install the latest map.
The springs are the same overall size, just differing wire gauges and number of turns, and can be swapped between the throttles if you prefer the softer spring.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:17 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI View Post

The throttle handle assembly has been updated since the early models to part # 8E00B5444 which incedentally has a noticably heavier return spring. I picked one up from a wrecker/dismantler over here, fitted it and had my local dealer clear the error code and install the latest map.
Hi Greg,

This might be a silly question, but how can you tell the throttle is the latest version? I'm looking at replacing mine from one on eBay, as I'm still regularly getting the Gas Position error, but I want to be sure I'm not getting an older, outdated throttle.

Cheers,
Nick

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
Hi Greg,

This might be a silly question, but how can you tell the throttle is the latest version? I'm looking at replacing mine from one on eBay, as I'm still regularly getting the Gas Position error, but I want to be sure I'm not getting an older, outdated throttle.

Cheers,
Nick
G'day Nick,

Unfortunately, you cannot tell them apart visually as far as I can see. You would need to trust the seller. Once the part is fitted, you can definitely feel that the return spring is heavier. And yes, you can switch back to the old spring if you prefer, as Tony said.

Regards, Greg.

We're all here, but we're not all there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the info. The bike is at the dealership next Friday so I'll ask them to take a look at the throttle and see if they can ascertain its age (I always assumed a 2015 bike would be on the latest anyway).

2015 MV Agusta Stradale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode