New service bulletin for three cylinder models? - Page 8 - MVAgusta.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
Thanks for the update, this is good news! Do you know if this is for all bikes or just for those in your country?
Sorry I do not.
Contact MV and ask; they answered my email within a week.

The clutch update was completed on my bike last month, 24 Jan 19.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Teeps; 02-19-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:32 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
My supplier informed me a couple of weeks ago that the sprag parts have been delivered, but they are still waiting the clutch/wheel parts - MV haven't communicated a date to them yet.

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #73 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
My supplier informed me a couple of weeks ago that the sprag parts have been delivered, but they are still waiting the clutch/wheel parts - MV haven't communicated a date to them yet.
What wheel parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 102 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
What wheel parts?
Sorry, meant to say cush drive rubber.

2015 MV Agusta Stradale

Last edited by TruffleShuffle; 02-21-2019 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Silly
post #75 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
FWIW all the parts have now arrived! Looks like MV is really pulling it's finger out.
Teeps likes this.

2015 MV Agusta Stradale
post #76 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:06 PM

Alright, so I just replaced my clutch with the new hub and cush rubbers. The only dealer with the agency went bust last year so I ordered the parts myself from Evolutionbike (didnt want to wait months before a new dealer took up the MV franchise so paid for it and now installed it myself in attempt to avoid catastrophic failure)

1st Pic , old bottom, new top

From the several pictures posted above, you can see that the fingers on the new clutch are much chunkier and you can see they have a round thickener in the middle of each finger. The the old one (silver) didnt have this. Also the stiffening ring is much thicker and wider on the new one.

The new clutch rubbers come in two compounds, the black is stiff and is similar to the old rubbers and the green is much softer. I imaging this is to give a softer low speed throttle feeling. My F3 originally only came with 6 stiff black rubbers.

The hex screws holding the cush drive plate are pain to get out as they are locktighted to shi*. I managed to quickly remove 5 of the 6 using a torx bit attached to my rattle gun but the 6th and last one sheared the bit so had to take to an engineering shop to take it out. Use of a rattle gun with torx is not advised and do so at your own risk. The new screws are Hex (thank goodness) and old ones torx (think the MV engineer was smoking something when he specced it like that)

Clutch put together and installed

And last one, buttoned together and good to go

I saw on MV's technical bulletin that it should take 30min to replace which is ridiculous. It took me 5 hours taking it at a steady pace (besides the two days lost due to the issue with the rounded torx bit on the old hub). Think a good mechanic who does this daily should take about 1.5-2 hours.

Hope this helps for those wondering what the differences were.
revhead1957 and airjawed like this.
post #77 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:50 PM

New Site Garage
PTsalas,

I replaced mine recently because I was able to locate an entire clutch basket with plates etc for a good price. I noticed that the drive gear on the back of the basket on the new part had some movement to it by hand. My old one didn't. Do you recall if yours had this? It doesn't drive any differently or make more noise, its just an observation of mine.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #78 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 06:45 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The cush drive is worn...... shouldn't have easy movement between the drive gear and basket.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #79 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:27 PM

New Site Garage
Let me clarify. It isn't radial movement at all, which is what the cush drive absorbs right?. It is axial play that I could feel at the drive gear.

Same is what is experienced on the rear sprocket. The cush drive is for radial forces.

It is very minimal. Can't even be 1 mm of movement but it could be felt by hand. Technically it is the interface between the gear flange(9916) and clutch boss washer(1728). Looking more closely at the diagrams the clutch basket is available separately and not likely the part in question anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
The cush drive is worn...... shouldn't have easy movement between the drive gear and basket.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #80 of 102 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
PTsalas,

I replaced mine recently because I was able to locate an entire clutch basket with plates etc for a good price. I noticed that the drive gear on the back of the basket on the new part had some movement to it by hand. My old one didn't. Do you recall if yours had this? It doesn't drive any differently or make more noise, its just an observation of mine.
I think mine was looser with the new hub than the previous hub (if you just put the gear onto the hub without the cush rubbers. With the cush rubbers installed, that slop disappears . I replaced my cush drives with the new revised items as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode