New service bulletin for three cylinder models? - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Zanetti View Post

It would be nice for MV to give me a new "old" style rear wheel hub cush assy but I don't think that'll happen. My bike is very low km and already has substantial axial wear on the hub rubbers.

I have the same issue with my '16 TV but I got the same set of parts. Sorry to dissapoint you. It' cold here so I will not go to my service before March but we agreed to machine a new top hat spacer to prevent this from happening in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 102 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
For what it's worth, Moto Corsa UK are just submitting my service bulletin claims for the cush drive/clutch basket and sprag starter. The latter was actually meant to be submitted at the beginning of last summer, but much to my annoyance I found out that the previous service desk person didn't actually bother doing it. Thankfully, she got the boot, and the new person (Andrew) seems a lot more capable in the customer service department.

I'm told there is a fairly long list of people waiting for the cush drive/clutch basket parts to turn up from MV. Supposedly, MV has opened a can of worms with this latest bulletin because it can't seem to supply all the bikes it now needs to fix! Quelle surprise.

Luckily my bike is off the road until March/April, which is when Moto Corsa hope the parts will have arrived by...

2015 MV Agusta Stradale

Last edited by TruffleShuffle; 11-30-2018 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Update
post #13 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 07:16 AM

Has anybody had any weird clutch symptoms ?

A couple of times I've been waiting at a set of lights, and when I've tried to take off the clutch does not bite at the normal spot, but then bites hard as I go past that spot.
The first time it happened, it jumped the front wheel skyward.
I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the slipper mechanism.

2016 Brutale.

2016 Brutale 800

Currently in the shed: XV750 Custom Cafe, 2019 CB500x. 1974 Honda CL450. Yamaha IT175 J. and a couple of Chinese bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:08 AM

Do this apply in U.S.?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
post #15 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhdz View Post
Do this apply in U.S.?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Of course it does. It is VIN related.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #16 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by one67 View Post

A couple of times I've been waiting at a set of lights, and when I've tried to take off the clutch does not bite at the normal spot, but then bites hard as I go past that spot.

2016 Brutale.

I get this from time to time on my 2016 TV. I guess itís the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #17 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:

2016 Brutale.
Yes, my '16 Turismo is the first bike I've owned with hydro-clutch... not a fan.
Not a fan of the slipper feature either.
But, I do not think the slipper feature is to blame for quirkiness of the clutch.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #18 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 06:31 PM

New Site Garage
Clutch on my Turismo exhibited some weird behaviour occasionally when pulling away, especially when the engine was cold. Very disconcerting as the bite point seemed to become almost on or off and shifted around, it either resulted in a stall or the need to rev hard and try and slip the clutch in. Most of the time it worked normally though. Not great when you pull out into traffic and it does this, could have killed me in France on the way back from the Vosges trip last year if the lorry driver bearing down on my stalled bike hadn't noticed me and braked quite hard. I was crossing his path to turn left onto a main road from a side road, plenty of time save for the stall...

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #19 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Clutch on my Turismo exhibited some weird behaviour occasionally when pulling away, especially when the engine was cold. Very disconcerting as the bite point seemed to become almost on or off and shifted around, it either resulted in a stall or the need to rev hard and try and slip the clutch in. Most of the time it worked normally though. Not great when you pull out into traffic and it does this, could have killed me in France on the way back from the Vosges trip last year if the lorry driver bearing down on my stalled bike hadn't noticed me and braked quite hard. I was crossing his path to turn left onto a main road from a side road, plenty of time save for the stall...
Yeah, it happened to me again today, I was ready for it though.
It seems to be when I try to take off quickly by having the revs up and feeding the clutch in.
The bike bucks and jerks as the clutch bites and then lets go in quick succession.

Might have to call the dealer.

2016 Brutale 800

Currently in the shed: XV750 Custom Cafe, 2019 CB500x. 1974 Honda CL450. Yamaha IT175 J. and a couple of Chinese bikes.
post #20 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it happened to me again today, I was ready for it though.
It seems to be when I try to take off quickly by having the revs up and feeding the clutch in.
The bike bucks and jerks as the clutch bites and then lets go in quick succession.

Might have to call the dealer.
My Dragster RR '18 does this! So embarrassing and dangerous. As with you, it seems to happen when you try to take off fast.

My dealer has already put in a claim for my exhaust valve and will be addressing the clutch bulletin thing as well. I am hoping this is the cause, but will be checking it out once all the work is done.

Kag

The Following User Says Thank You to Kageira For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode