Dashboard issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Dashboard issue

Hi to all,
Yesterday I brought my motorbike to a mechanic to make some small services, when I went to take it back I saw the dashboard with a big spot, truly before to bring to repair it he dashboard was without any spot (see photo in attachment)...so asked to the mechanic and he said should open it to clean inside then it was dirty and find out some small object too....truly I would like to understand why suddenly appear this big spot then do you had any issue like that or any suggestions also how to repair it?

Thanks
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjaycooper View Post
Hi to all,
Yesterday I brought my motorbike to a mechanic to make some small services, when I went to take it back I saw the dashboard with a big spot, truly before to bring to repair it he dashboard was without any spot (see photo in attachment)...so asked to the mechanic and he said should open it to clean inside then it was dirty and find out some small object too....truly I would like to understand why suddenly appear this big spot then do you had any issue like that or any suggestions also how to repair it?

Thanks
Possibly left the bike out in the sun and the angle of the sun in relation to the front screen magnified the rays on to the dash.

Not sure how much an issue it is on the stock screen, but I know that the aftermarket screens warn you how to park and not park in relation to the sun to prevent burning your dash.

I could also be completely wrong though...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjaycooper View Post
Hi to all,

Thanks
Possibly left the bike out in the sun and the angle of the sun in relation to the front screen magnified the rays on to the dash.

Not sure how much an issue it is on the stock screen, but I know that the aftermarket screens warn you how to park and not park in relation to the sun to prevent burning your dash.

I could also be completely wrong though...
Dear PTsalas,
Thanks for your reply, the mechanic said he saw the dashboard blurry than open it and inside there was a lot of corrosion..
UPDATE :
Well the reason was because the mechanic washed the wheels with the jet spray gun then the water enter in the back of dashboard and now 65% of the display backlight is died ... an electrician tried to open it to fix but not luck should replace with a new one ,his temporary solution was to add in the dashboard 8 mini led lights .. .
The good point is that the mechanic admit his error and is available to replace it with a new one if the temporary solution will not works!

Last edited by Jayjaycooper; 09-11-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode