F3 800 brake upgrade (Brembo Stylema) - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

F3 800 brake upgrade (Brembo Stylema)

Just thought i would throw this up for now, as i am working to get all the parts in to make the change over..
brakelines will be coming from Coremoto, and will use a brembo 17 RCS until the new Corsa Corta 17 comes out.

For reference, the stock M4 calipers, next to the new Brembo Stylema 4x17mm piston calipers.
For reference, some M50 calipers, next to the new replacement caliper as supplied on the Paniglae V4.
Attached Images

Onuro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 01:44 AM

Can you tell the difference of weight of these both?

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 06:24 AM
Established Member

Damn you weren’t kidding those things are tiny compared to M4’s!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherche View Post
Can you tell the difference of weight of these both?
I will get some weights for the 3 different calipers, minus pads, but i do not think it is that much of a difference for performance for us mere mortal. brembo says 2.7ozs between the M50 & Stylema.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Rotor buttons showed up from Germany yesterday.. will be swapping to the full floating buttons on the stock brembo rotors.
Attached Images

MV Arthur likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:28 AM

Very nice.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 02:51 PM

New Site Garage
The new CAD developed calipers are an improvement, lighter, cooler and strong. Also uses shorter mount bolts and holds less fluid making the whole assembly over 3 ounces lighter. Use Ti bolts, banjos and bleeders and save another couple ounces of unsprung weight. Great choice without the high cost of the GP series calipers.

Curious why did you choose to use a 17 master instead of the 19?

I understand the Corsa Corta master choice, I recently bought a 19 Corsa Corta and can hardly wait to try the shorter bite point adjustment on track.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Depending on what you believe based on hydraulics or what you want in the feel of the brakes, will dictate what brake master you use. The 19x18/20 is hydraulically way to much brake master for these calipers or the M50 and you lose feel and greatly reduce the amount of travel related to the force the brakes are applied to. When people speak of a wooden feel or lack of feel that is due to improper matching of parts, or can be a major reason why.

Looking at your comment, you want a shorter bite point, which if your using a 19x18/20 on m50s you will already have a very short engagement point, due to the amount fluid being pushed in the lager brake master.

I am more than happy to share a spreadsheet on hydraulic fluid and which brake master suits a given caliper based on piston sizes and amount of pistons.

Of course like any brake package, you can buy pads that suit your application & braking style, different masters, lines, etc etc and it is a personal preference for sure. Brembo says the 17 is the correct master, and from my own experience with trying 3 different masters on the M50, the 17RCS was the best option between a 19x18 billet, RCS 19x18/20, and the RCS 17x18/20 which I run on my panigale and 675R both with M50 calipers.
Armando1969 likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

rotor buttons

Here are the wheels with the stock Brembo discs with full floating buttons from performanceparts.de

Install was very simple, although no instructions it is to easy.. drill, drill bit, vise grips, flat blade screwdriver. wheels removed, mod performed and wheels back on in 90 minutes with a few beer breaks.
Attached Images

Strider78rr likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

OK did a soft install on everything as the titanium banjo bolts wont be here till Saturday.
I knew i should of just designed lines how i wanted, not like the stock configuration, so not happy about how it turned out, but it will work for right now. Hindsight is 20/20

one recommendation for anyone doing this, make sure you have a nice solid piece of string/rope that you pull with the brakeline, so it makes routing it back quite fast & simple. COREMOTO was great to work with again and i highly recommend them (used them on 3 different builds now). pivoting banjo bolts, and great prices, and will make abs lines.
Attached Images

Ducati23 and Strider78rr like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode