Clutch replacement kit - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Clutch replacement kit

I finally got around to cracking open my clutch case in order to replace the plates. I've never done it before but it was rather easy and straight forward. I noticed some marks and thought it would be a good idea to post a pic and get feedback. I assume it's normal with a bike that has 23k on it.

One thing I did notice was that a flat plate had a nice groove going around it and was very sharp to the touch. I believe this was from the spring plate grinding into it. Guessing it was the cause of my clutch issue and I was happy to see it and confirm my belief that the clutch played were having problems.

Please let me know if you see anything that pops out with the pictures. There are some marks that seem alarming but Iím guessinf itís just wear and tear. Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help and a big thank you to Alex @ GP Racing for getting the parts to me super quick.
Attached Images

Last edited by Atom; 08-13-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I see nothing wrong with your clutch basket/hub/pressure plate.
Those mark are common....now when you get deep notches worn in the basket fingers or hub splines it is time to replace.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Established Member

I had similar concerns in the past as my basket also had light scoring around the outer edge.

Confirmed with my dealer who advised it's pretty normal as the clearances are very tight, light scoring is nothing to worry about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM

New Site Garage
Looks really good in my opnion; wear is minimal.
The groove in the steel disc is from the anti-judder spring; with new friction plates there is extra play again and the groove will not get deeper.

When you assemble the clutch make sure you start and end with the friction plates with the larger friction pads (if it is an original MV set).
On my clutch the back-flange is worn down 0,7mm resulting in a to small clutch pack and so I had clutch slip all the time.

A question: what bike and year is this?
It seems it has a different clutch basket compared to my F3800 (2013) of which I now the tabs can break off

2013 F3 800 (track only)

The older you get, the faster you was
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode