Yaw sensor fault on TV Lusso - can I still ride? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Yaw sensor fault on TV Lusso - can I still ride?

Rode down to laguna seca from San Francisco fine yesterday, then to the track today. This afternoon when I was heading back to my hotel I get a "Yaw sensor fault - go to MV Service" when I turn on the ignition. After bypassing the message, the main screen shows me a warning message "Lean Angle" when the bike is upright. Bike runs fine otherwise but I am 150 miles from my dealership. What is this message? Can I still ride the bike safely and without damaging it or do I have to get this towed? Thanks in advance

Last edited by pierre.poilane; 06-23-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Update:

I called my dealer's service manager and she told me this wouldn't affect rideability or safety for myself or the bike and that I should bring it in at the next opportunity (I am due for my very first service anyway).

Strangely, when I fired it up the next day to go back home, the error message was just gone and I had an awesome ride along HWY1 and I was able to test the "veloce" part of turismo veloce . This bike is just immensely fun, agile, quick and really comfy!

Then 25 miles before San Francisco I get again the Lean Angle warning message and the orange engine check light illuminates. I ignore it and continue. I stop at one point in the city as I needed to send a text and leave the engine running and out of nowhere, the entire dashboard flashes all lights for about 2 seconds, all I could see is another warning reading "IMU Link" and then it goes away and back to how it was the last 25 miles of my trip.

Some serious gremlins here that hopefully they'll get sorted out.

Last edited by pierre.poilane; 06-26-2018 at 02:27 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:34 PM

Start at the battery...
Make sure it's fully charged and the cables are secure.

What year is your TV?

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Fully charged. 2016 Lusso model. Around 400 miles when the problem occurred. When I check the battery charge in the setup menu, it shows fully charged,

The issue happened last Saturday after the bike spent the whole day baking in the sun on a parking lot at Laguna Seca. Not sure if the heat might have had an impact on the issue.

Attached ignition screen, main screen and then main screen with the engine running.
Attached Images

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM

I had exactly the same issue a couple of years when my TV was still very new. I don't know precisely what the dealer did (I'm not particularly gifted/interested when it comes to technical matters) but they definitely replaced the battery at the time of the fix. Whether this was linked or whether the stock battery was just [email protected], I don't know. But I have done about 7k miles since the fault was fixed/battery was replaced and there has been no reoccurrence.
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigH For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Bad connections..... Very low amperage in the can-bus system and any excess resistance at a sensor connector throws fault codes.

This is the number one cause of "Detected Troble Codes" in modern bikes (and cars). The components are generally very reliable.
Teeps and Teeps like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 01:19 PM

The IMU is what MV calls the inertial sensor. Suspect that there is a problem with the inertial damper. It could also just need to be re-set. This is easy for the dealer to test with the TEXA tool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode