Just wow, Gas position sensor out of the Blue - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By jdgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Just wow, Gas position sensor out of the Blue

Just fired up the F3 800 to go for a ride, and bam... gas position error.
Turned her off, and the ignition back on, no faults found and go to ride and bike is in limp mode, WTF..

If this is how it will be with this bike, no matter how great she is when she runs she is going to have to go... Of course no local dealer around. Time to trouble.
GCBC and GCBC like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 05:18 AM

What year model? Did you wash the bike before putting it away?

They updated the throttle grip in 2014. If yours is a 2013 it may still have the old throttle grip.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

2015 F3 800...Let her sit for about 5 minutes and fired her up and she worked like she should... Looking like this will not be a bike i can count on, and people say Ducati are bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
2015 F3 800...Let her sit for about 5 minutes and fired her up and she worked like she should... Looking like this will not be a bike i can count on, and people say Ducati are bad?
That is really disappointing... I have had a few Ducati's, Ducati 900 SS, Monster 621 and 800 other then its a pain in the but to find Neutral they were fine.

I have always made sure the dealer service support is priority when chosing brand even if my heart really wanted something else cause the riding season is so short where I live, basically June to Sept.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 11:33 AM

at least with ecu studio I can hit calibrate for throttle/accelerator with one click and reset codes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 11:37 AM

it could be a fluke and will never happen again. Don't be so quick to judge
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

OK morning update, the fluke has stricken then left.... AFTER SOME FUEL.

So this is the whole part of modding a bike that gets to be a PITA at times... ECU was reflashed with ECU studios software from my understanding from Kyle Passerini (Fueling is amazing). There is some changes that were made, that changes the whole dynamics of the ECU (maybe some else can conform?)
Maybe this is has something to do with it...

The bike was low on fuel but no lights were on for it... rode down the street made a turn the limp mode kicked in, then got to the gas station after dirivng in the bike lane, and added fuel. then fired her up and off i went no more issues.

The QUESTION is, By reflashing the ECU are some of the warning lights turned off? is there even such thing as a limp mode for when the fuel gets low?
Bike runs amazing, as long as this does not happen. So here is my question about ECU STUDIO.
Does this remove the multiple engine power maps? I have only one.
Does this remove the multiple engine braking settings? I have only one
Are any warning lights removed or changed where you get text on the screen?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 08:28 AM

New Site Garage
JD my F3 had similar issues a couple years ago. After a lot of expensive trouble shooting it turned out to be the FBW throttle (my F3 had a "A" assembly). I have a Reparto Corse ECU and a Passerini ECU, so I could switch them out and eliminate the ECU as the problem. The original FBW got wet and never worked correctly after that. Even after it was cleaned and dryed it would intermittently fail and send the engine into limp mode.

Now I have a spare on hand - always. If the FBW unit ends up being the problem get the latest FBW assembly. MV has updated the assembly part number at least twice since 2014. I bought one off ebay from a crash bike 2016 D800 (a "C") and ordered a new one from the dealer (also a "C"). All of the 675/800's use the same basic unit so you may be able to pick one up used somewhere. Regards...

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode