New F3 - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Question New F3

Well picked up my new 2018 F3 675 in Escondido yesterday. Rode it all the way home to Vegas. It's def not a touring bike, dear lordy my bony ass is sore
So almost the entire trip back, it was 2 bars away from max heat+, but I started traveling at about 5, so it wasn't too hot out. Today I rode for about 40 miles and it got hot super quick, to max heat. No engine warning, but F me it was way too hot. Then about 4 miles from home I get a Lambda sensor error. What the flapjacks. Def not the happiest right now. In reading I have to see if the radiator fan is kicking in. I took off the passenger pegs, that shouldn't make any difference with the Lambda sensor right?

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:40 AM

No, taking off the pegs should make any difference. I would give your dealer a ring and see what they recommend. Usually my 675 runs at the mid point or 1 over the mid point, but it's probably way colder in the UK.

I would be asking the dealer to collect and deliver if you have only just picked it up. I'm sure MV comes with some sort of pick up and rescue whilst in warranty.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:17 AM

Sounds like the coolant wasnt serviced properly. Definitely have the dealer check it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
. . . it's probably way colder in the UK.
Ah, the master of understatement!

Las Vegas is currently peaking in the 40s!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:14 PM

New Site Garage
The trip from Escondido to Las Vegas is all up hill. I've done the drive from Orange County and the girl I was with mentioned to watch the temp gauge and not to drive to aggressive. Its known to be hard on engine temps.

I would try to let the engine adapt to las vegas as well now that you are there. You are 2,000 ft above sea level so the ECU may not have adapted correctly and throwing a sensor code.

I would start bike and let it run till fan kicks in and then let it run some more fan cycles. Watch the temp gauge while doing this. Also, make sure your coolant level is at minimum mark before starting bike.

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 08:46 PM

2 bars from max while on the freeway (I assume the 15) is not right. The hottest I've seen my f3 was 1 bar above mid while stopped in 90 degree weather.

2015 Brutale 800RR
2015 F3 800
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 PM

That seems excessive, I would guess either your water pump is failing, or there are air pockets in the system, or the fan motor is bad/blown fuse.

Fan will come on as soon as you pass the temp mid point.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Whelp it's at the dealer, so hopefully they can get this all straightened out. I want to put some miles on the damn thing!

I drove it to the dealer (made sure it was ok to do so with what was wrong) and it stayed about 3 bars from max for the first bit (10miles) then jumped to max again quick. Something is def wonky. sigh.
jdgun and jdgun like this.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 06:32 PM

Sorry to hear that! Its such a shame when stuff like this happens any time but especially at first delivery. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome, please :-)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavlino View Post
Sorry to hear that! Its such a shame when stuff like this happens any time but especially at first delivery. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome, please :-)

Got it back, they put a new radiator cap on rated for the track
Took it on a 50 mile ride, got 1 bar above middle for the whole trip, went up 1 more bar on the street ride at the end. But in all fairness, it was 108 degrees outside lol.

Only had the damn thing a week and already needs it's 600 mile service.

Rode over to Bellisimoto yesterday. Man I am going to empty my bank account there on upgrades
Matte carbon all the things!
nigelrb and nigelrb like this.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode