Strange behaviour new Gear Sensor B3 2013 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Jayjaycooper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Strange behaviour new Gear Sensor B3 2013

Hello to all,
2 weeks ago i bought the new gear sensor from my B3 2013 ,after install it i noted a strange behaviour about the gear sensor ... i take my motorbike everyday to go to work ,in the morning it work very well but in the night when i take the motorbike to back home when i put the 1st gear the Dashboard show the "N" gear and that repeat everyday ... contacting the vendor he replied that i should update the Ecu to last bulletin ,already i done it 4 month ago .... there is anyone get the same behaviour ? should i do a reset of the ECU ?

Thanks

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 06:38 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
I believe there was an upgraded gear position sensor developed for 2014 and later bikes. If you didn't get the upgraded sensor, and simply put in a new faulty sensor, well you can see that issue.

Another thing to try is to disconnect, clean, and reconnect the gear position sensor while the bike is OFF. This would eliminate a poor electrical connection causing your issue.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I believe there was an upgraded gear position sensor developed for 2014 and later bikes. If you didn't get the upgraded sensor, and simply put in a new faulty sensor, well you can see that issue.

Another thing to try is to disconnect, clean, and reconnect the gear position sensor while the bike is OFF. This would eliminate a poor electrical connection causing your issue.
Dear silentservice703 ,
thanks for your suggestion ... the Gear Sensor i bought was part number 8000B8970 i just followed the Service Bulletin 116 MV

truly i don't know if there are any upgrade about this Gear Sensor , i hope that i did not wrong to buy a faulty sensor ....
anyway i will follow your advice to disconnect , clean and reconnect again and i will let you know the result.

Thanks my friend!!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 9746_Service Bulletin n° 116 - Gear sensor B3 - F3_ENG.pdf (141.8 KB, 26 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayjaycooper For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 02:58 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi,

Please read the link, you need another converter cable:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-ma...ml#post2409858

XJ750SECA --> RD350LC YPVS --> CBX1000F --> CBX550F2 --> RD350RR --> RD500YPVS --> FZ400R --> F3675 --> 899PANIGALE --> 959Panigale

Last edited by RCEE; 04-22-2018 at 03:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RCEE For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEE View Post
Hi,

Dear RCEE,
yes i read the topic and i believe you right ... in fact i disconnect , clean and connect again the gear sensor but i got the same behaviour then i will try to order the converter cable hoping to work out this issue .

Thank you for your great support.
RCEE and RCEE like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEE View Post
Hi,

Dear RCEE,
just today i got the new converter cable "8000C0856" (can see in the photo) but i could not find any guide online to see how to install it then do you have any suggestion how to install it ?

Thanks
Attached Images

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 03:29 AM

Think the Big 6 pin connectors bridge where your tipover sensor under the seat connects and you feed the long section down through the frame down to your sensor. I could be wrong, but ordered the same cable for my EAS 2.0 Blipper functionality for my 2012 so also curious for those that have fitted the adapter cable.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Think the Big 6 pin connectors bridge where your tipover sensor under the seat connects and you feed the long section down through the frame down to your sensor. I could be wrong, but ordered the same cable for my EAS 2.0 Blipper functionality for my 2012 so also curious for those that have fitted the adapter cable.
Dear PTsalas,thank for you suggestion ... i will check out tomorrow and i let you know ... looking the manual i cannot see any topic related to this cable ...

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode