Lithium Ion batteries? - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Lithium Ion batteries?

Hey all, I've ordered a new lithium battery to replace the heavy stock battery- anyone experience issues doing this to a F3 800?

I ask because my Ducati 1098 had regulator issues with a similar type battery replacement and it turned out to be an issue Ducati had with regulators at that time.......just wanted to ask the forum members if any knew of any issues that might surface doing this with the F3 800.

Cheers guys~

Steve Nunez
Professional Airbrush Artist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 11:36 AM

New Site Garage
I have an AntiGravity ATZ10-12 in my Turismo which generally has the same engine as the F3 (even has F3 on the casing) albeit in a different state of tune. The alternator on the Turismo is also, I believe, a higher output so not a direct comparison. However, have been running the LiPo battery for a year without any issues.

Dons of this parish recommended AntiGravity and I can testify to that advice being good.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 PM

New Site Garage
I've been running a Shoari LFX19A4-BS12 in my F3 675 for about 9 months without issue

Chris
Tasty F3

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:32 PM

I fitted the SSB LFP14H-BS battery.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 09:25 PM

New Site Garage
This is the battery I have on my F3 800. I have a lithium specific battery maintainer. Noco Genius 1200 I think. No issues. Starts much more robustly. Hoping this makes sprag clutch a little happier with positive engagement. Even starts in freezing weather but its ballistic when warm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
I have an AntiGravity ATZ10-12 in my Turismo which generally has the same engine as the F3 (even has F3 on the casing) albeit in a different state of tune. The alternator on the Turismo is also, I believe, a higher output so not a direct comparison. However, have been running the LiPo battery for a year without any issues.

Dons of this parish recommended AntiGravity and I can testify to that advice being good.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:24 AM
Established Member

I'm also running a Shoari LFX19A4-BS12 in my F3 800, have been for a little over a year and 13,000km.

Original battery was rubbish, heavy and didn't hold much charge or have much cranking force, had absolutely zero issues with the Shorai and have left it without being plugged in to any external chargers etc. for weeks with no issues. Although I'm glad it's a reliable battery as battery accessibility was not on MV's to-do list :P

There's a reason the OEM is called a BS battery... I'll let you put that together yourself.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:48 AM

Used Shorai in the past with no issues on countless machines, on the F3 800 I wanted to go with more CCA (280CCA) and went with a Ballistic battery instead. Worked fine in 31 degree temps. from my understanding Shorai is older technology, but still seems to work fine for years of service!

Which one did you go with Steve?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I went with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Seems to be working for all who purchased it:
Attached Images

Steve Nunez

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 05:44 PM

New Site Garage
That has some warning signs for me... price too low and the CCAs in picture vs description. I think it is a low quality battery that will work great initially but after a year won't be any good.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I put it in the bike.......I'll keep you guys posted.
nigelrb and nigelrb like this.

Steve Nunez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode