Maintenance advice for occassional track day - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes
  • 6 Post By Deano
  • 2 Post By MarkJ.07

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Maintenance advice for occassional track day

Hey guys, I have done my first track day with my B3 at Sydney Motorsport park. It was a 40 degree day but both myself and the bike performed really well!

According to the manual my bike can rev up to 15000 rpm. Do you guys always rev'ed to the limit? My skill didn't allow me to do that too often.

My other question is, if it is for occassional track day (3-4 a year), do you service your MV sooner just in case? Mine is at 9600km, so it will have it's major service coming up (at 12000KM).

I think I am getting addicted to track and I definitely appreciate my bike a lot more.

Cheers guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 05:25 AM

New Site Garage
Rev the fuck out of it when and where you can on the track. It's what they're made for. When and where can you do it on the road to any extent? It's what they were made for and the rev limiter is there. Most road use is at a poofteenth of the available power, mainly for self preservation. I changed the oil straight away after my first track day and couldn't see any shit in the oil. After further track days I just leave it 'till the normal service interval (6-8000k depending on how lazy I am). I do my own servicing/maintenance and don't have any concerns that a track day makes any difference.

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
I change the oil on mine after every track day.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 11:21 AM

oil temp is what breaks it down exponentially. if your not riding all that hard and your oil temp isn't any higher than your street use don't look at it as you did anything different that day. I don't know if you have ability to monitor it on the track other than an infrared heat gun to a few different components to compare middle of a street ride to a quick check in pit lane during a session you felt particularly quick on
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 02:11 PM

New Site Garage
Not to dig up an aging thread, but when it would come to my race bikes I was changing the oil after every two days. As far as the limiter is concerned I would shift about 500-1000rpm before it as that's when power will start to drop so there is no true reason to hit it but get nice and close =P
Teeps and Teeps like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode