TV front wheel bearing - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
mva2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Posts: 68
New Site Garage
TV front wheel bearing

I have a front wheel bearing problem, I try to find correct bearing part number, but I could not find which number of bearing is correct, some say nsk 6507 ddu, other say nsk 6509 ddu. Please help which one is correct? anyone point me to correct part list? Thank you to all.

I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce
mva2017 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
MarcSilverTriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Isère, France
Posts: 736
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva2017 View Post
I have a front wheel bearing problem, I try to find correct bearing part number, but I could not find which number of bearing is correct, some say nsk 6507 ddu, other say nsk 6509 ddu. Please help which one is correct? anyone point me to correct part list? Thank you to all.
From what I see here this is the same as many other models... Someone may have then answer with a more usual reference than a MV one

And from @Donsy post "All you need to know, and all we know", it seems that the right reference is 6005-2RS (25x47x12)

What is your mileage?
mva2017 and mva2017 like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 12-04-2017 at 03:21 PM.
MarcSilverTriple is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcSilverTriple For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
From what I see here this is the same as many other models... Someone may have then answer with a more usual reference than a MV one

And from @Donsy post "All you need to know, and all we know", it seems that the right reference is 6005-2RS (25x47x12)

What is your mileage?

if this is the same front wheel as my F3 800, then the number above is correct... just swapped in ceramic bearings!
mva2017 and mva2017 like this.
jdgun is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jdgun For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
mva2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Posts: 68
New Site Garage
Thank you all for your kindness guiding.

I have done some search and find out, even many MV Agusta models pre 2010 use the same part number such as Turismo Veloce 2014 - 2016 use part number 800090355 and they call NSK ball bearing. Links is here MV Agusta Parramatta - MV Agusta NSK BEARING (800090355)

but other MV Agusta model use different part number 8A0026846 can be found on KTM part supply https://www.ktm-parts.com/8A0026846.html, Husvarna part supply website. But they call them Radial Ball Bearing

both part number above all refer to 6005-2ngk 6005-2rs or 6005-ddu, ...

But price is from very cheap to very high like factory oem or ceramic bearing or racing bearing or some brands. I choose NSK 6005-DDU made in Japan. Local store sell USD 2/each.
jdgun and jdgun like this.

I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce
mva2017 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
MarcSilverTriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Isère, France
Posts: 736
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva2017 View Post
Thank you all for your kindness guiding.

I have done some search and find out, even many MV Agusta models pre 2010 use the same part number such as Turismo Veloce 2014 - 2016 use part number 800090355 and they call NSK ball bearing. Links is here MV Agusta Parramatta - MV Agusta NSK BEARING (800090355)

but other MV Agusta model use different part number 8A0026846 can be found on KTM part supply https://www.ktm-parts.com/8A0026846.html, Husvarna part supply website. But they call them Radial Ball Bearing

both part number above all refer to 6005-2ngk 6005-2rs or 6005-ddu, ...

But price is from very cheap to very high like factory oem or ceramic bearing or racing bearing or some brands. I choose NSK 6005-DDU made in Japan. Local store sell USD 2/each.
Still curious about your mileage. Asking for this as it was notorious on some Ducati bikes that about a certain mileage, both bearing on front wheels would fail, as there was no protection from water projection... It's interesting to evaluate the requirements for change, to get ready.

At 2 USD each, it really makes sense to invest the money, have them ready somewhere with you when travelling with the bike, and being able to change those anywhere (had some fun in the past with Ducati riders, where the hammer was kind of old fashion tool (a stone) on the side of the road )...
mva2017 and mva2017 like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MarcSilverTriple is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
mva2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Posts: 68
New Site Garage
Thanks Marc for helping out.

My bike just have 7000 miles, the symptom at first sight is your Tyre wear unevenly, very strange, then with front hard braking, you feel some vibration.. I thought, it was ABS working, but its vibration so strange that I try to shake, pump... the front wheels left, right all kinds. And finally come to conclusion, it is the bearing, very hard to notice it.

There is SKF 6005 2rs/c3 which is higher speed limit and loading rate, but it's made in China and cost around USD5/each. But I choose bearing made in Japan for some mind peace.

The factory design the best Bikes out there, but their QC quite bad, today is bearing, tomorrow is clutch, then signal light, then some sensors fail, or their suppliers did not get pay, so they provide all the crape parts.

I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce
mva2017 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
MarcSilverTriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Isère, France
Posts: 736
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva2017 View Post
Thanks Marc for helping out.

My bike just have 7000 miles, the symptom at first sight is your Tyre wear unevenly, very strange, then with front hard braking, you feel some vibration.. I thought, it was ABS working, but its vibration so strange that I try to shake, pump... the front wheels left, right all kinds. And finally come to conclusion, it is the bearing, very hard to notice it.

There is SKF 6005 2rs/c3 which is higher speed limit and loading rate, but it's made in China and cost around USD5/each. But I choose bearing made in Japan for some mind peace.

The factory design the best Bikes out there, but their QC quite bad, today is bearing, tomorrow is clutch, then signal light, then some sensors fail, or their suppliers did not get pay, so they provide all the crape parts.
Well, other factors may chime in as well: Rare are those riding whatever the weather. And I'm not sure that "all weather riding" is part of the usual testing scheme from the factory. If you take the Ducati ST2, it was notorious that bearings doesn't like bad weather on the wheels. Some riders made addition of a planar joint to seal the bearing on each side of the wheel, with quite good results. I guessed Ducati learned of its past mistakes as I didn't heard about such issues on Mutistrada. And looking at the mileage of most of the MV Agusta I see used on the classified in France (which is one of the most active market in Europe), the TV/TVL are out of range in terms of annual mileage form the normal usage of a MV (others MV than TV are generally in less than 2000 km/year, while the TV/TVL is much more than this). That may also explain partially the thing. On such bike, and despite the Cagiva experience with Elefants, Gran Canyons and Navigtors, MV is still quite young, and some design elements may require improvement... And that may be also a valuable reason why we are all discussing here.

In fine, sealing activity may help, especially if riding conditions are close to sailing
mva2017 and mva2017 like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MarcSilverTriple is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcSilverTriple For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
mva2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Posts: 68
New Site Garage
Marc, could you elaborate how to seal the bike?, I use the bike for long distance and mostly in wet weather. Thanks

BTW, after changing the bearing, the oem bearing has no name, no serial...look very bad only after 7000miles.



Its also cost me a new Tyre replacement.


I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce

Last edited by mva2017; 12-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.
mva2017 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 02:40 AM
Senior Member
 
MarcSilverTriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Isère, France
Posts: 736
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva2017 View Post
Marc, could you elaborate how to seal the bike?, I use the bike for long distance and mostly in wet weather. Thanks
A friend had successful results on a Ducati ST2 by adding a simple plastic washer on each side of the wheel to cover the bearing. It reduce the exposition, and it is enough to maintain the grease in the bearing. It (more than) doubled the life of the front wheel bearing in his case.

Another wise advise from Ducatists (who had similar issues - may be because at that time the owner of Ducati was also Cagiva Spa, which became later MV Agusta Spa) is to have replacement bearing with you somewhere in the bike to be able to replace them when the first signs of wear appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva2017 View Post
BTW, after changing the bearing, the oem bearing has no name, no serial...look very bad only after 7000miles.



Its also cost me a new Tyre replacement.

You should consider yourself lucky somehow: discover the reason later would have probably cost you a wheel as well.

However, 7000 miles is very low. How do you clean your bike? Is there conditions which are so much different in your case justifying this level of wear?
mva2017 and mva2017 like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 12-10-2017 at 02:44 AM.
MarcSilverTriple is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
mva2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Posts: 68
New Site Garage
I will learn how to double seal the outer side of bearing. Thanks Marc.

But in my case, I think the factory some how install the bearing lead to side loading and only one bearing have a problem with side play. The other is normal.

I clean my bike very often and my wife jealously, why I don't clean her. ;-))

I have Agriculture Bike and It is Turismo Veloce
mva2017 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome