Getting to know the F3 800, my experience - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Getting to know the F3 800, my experience

With Fall/winter time here in Oregon the precipitation is here, leaves a falling, and mud on the good roads from farm trucks.

Have a few things i want to get done on the F3 800 and was not quite sure how it would be compared to previous bikes i have worked on. (add reservoir fluid, check which battery i have, pull shock for rebuild, servo eliminator, Air filter, oil change, brake fluid change, remove front reflector brackets)
I would say from the start, the F3 has some nice fitting panels, and overall not to bad to get the bodywork off.
Way better than the Panigale and the countless tabs (THAT BREAK).

With the bike having an ohlins damper kit, getting to the battery is a huge ordeal. With the damper kit using the Front tank mounting bolts, you have to jack the bike up to unload the top triple clamp to get that off, before being able to access the bolts.
The gas tank comes off pretty easier otherwise.

Pulling the shock off, was a headache for sure.. way to much work if you need to swap it out, or change springs.. hoping the shock comes back set pretty close to the right rider sag, as not intersted in breaking knuckles or taking it off to get that adjusted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 08:39 AM

you don't have to remove the top triple clamp to get the damper off, did it countless times on my F3 without (actually never had the top triple off ever!). Not even when pulling the forks...

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalem View Post
you don't have to remove the top triple clamp to get the damper off, did it countless times on my F3 without (actually never had the top triple off ever!). Not even when pulling the forks...

The damper is easy enough to take off, it is the front gas tank mounting bolts which are not accessable with the damper mounting ring there...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
The damper is easy enough to take off, it is the front gas tank mounting bolts which are not accessable with the damper mounting ring there...
I had the same problem with mount under the top triple. You can get the mount off without removing the top triple though. It is a little tedious.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk140 View Post
I had the same problem with mount under the top triple. You can get the mount off without removing the top triple though. It is a little tedious.

Which mount you running? I would of thought they would have clearanced the plate under the triple enough.. Maybe with all the run flowing I missed something?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 02:11 PM

first remove the ring, then you have access to the gas tank bolts you can remove the ring without removing the top triple

I'm running the same mount

MV F3 800 / 2014 / Quick shift up AND down working
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
first remove the ring, then you have access to the gas tank bolts you can remove the ring without removing the top triple

I had the same mount too. I removed the "C" shaped mount from the under side of the top triple.

Todd
2013 F3 675 (RIP)
2014 B3 800 Italia
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Didn't have any instructions for the mount as it came with the bike, will take a look at how it is mounted and how it is possible to do what you guys are saying.
After going through the bike, there doesn't seem like a lot of places to drop weight on the bike, beside a battery, 520 chain conversion and exhaust, or some Pricey CF wheels.

Order a ballistic battery and exhaust servo eliminator today, should drop a few lbs for sure and be a way better battery than the stock BS one.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 10:26 AM

New Site Garage
Aluminum subframe to drop some weight? I'm looking into it myself but first want to compare it to the stock subframe.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo-MV View Post
Aluminum subframe to drop some weight? I'm looking into it myself but first want to compare it to the stock subframe.

That is a viable option for sure if no passengers are planned... Just pulled the wheels and had the tires removed before getting the wheels to the powder coaters.
Was surprised as to how heavy the stock forged wheels are (done on a certified scale)..
Front-Bearings still installed 9lbs 1oz
Rear Wheel- 10lbs 7oz

Ordered a Ballistic battery that should lighten things up a bit and give way more CCA 360.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode