Starting issues - Page 7 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 09:39 PM

No part number or box or MV label but I am assured that this is the latest part.

There is a good thread on this forum on Sprag Replacement.
Start with a good battery, Yuasa AGM or Shorai lithium.
Good luck with the repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicguitarist View Post
Startwin, I believe, are usa based. They have a good rep.

The latest ecu map works in conjunction with the new sprag to finally resolve the issue. Ecu updates should be free, but your local dealer sounds crappy.
Understatement of the year here?. I was told that I may be able to remove the ecu and send directly to MV USA for a flash and instal of the latest map. I have seen star twin here and has been recommend before. I appreciate this info. These are the kind of comments that are helpful. Thanks.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 EAS
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplific View Post
No part number or box or MV label but I am assured that this is the latest part.

There is a good thread on this forum on Sprag Replacement.
Start with a good battery, Yuasa AGM or Shorai lithium.
Good luck with the repairs.
Replaced battery with a Shorai as soon as symptoms started. Unfortunately it seems like issues had begun with this bike before I made the purchase. I appreciate these two posts. They are some of the most helpful to date.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
They are some of the most helpful to date.
It becomes a amusing topic, ongoing since sept2017. My advice @BRM: Get a sprag asap, before the riding season starts and the thing goes backorder, or you plan to miss another riding season ?

XJ750SECA --> RD350LC YPVS --> CBX1000F --> CBX550F2 --> RD350RR --> RD500YPVS --> FZ400R --> F3675 --> 899PANIGALE --> 959Panigale
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got a new sprag installed. Put in new plugs, valve cover gasket and O-rings for coils and bolts. Also installing a new air filter, doing an oil and filter change. Found a nasty oil leak hiding behind the frame and front of the motor that ran all the way down and was coming down and out on the bottom of the motor and running out along the motorcycle stand. Point being I may have never found this leak had I just let someone else work on my bike. I have had into two separate shops and tried to take it into a third before I finally said f it and decided to just buy parts and install myself vs. dealing with MV and their crippled warranty and service departments. Anyway, my bike was torn apart at a dealership. I started disassembling by taking off the throttle body, wiring harness, starter and starting gears. Then installed new starting gear, starting gear cover, starter, and throttle body. I am stuck trying to find where this wire goes. I took several pics but may need to take more. Thanks to this thread and several others for all the helpful info and kind members on this forum. A special thanks to airjawed for taking interest and pointing me in the right direction for parts and doing the work myself. Thanks again to everyone for the helpful comments and useful information. The first pic is the starter. The second is the starting gear with defective sprag clutch assembly. The third is the leak from the o-ring for the bolt on the valve cover. The fourth is carbon build up on the bottom of the throttle body. Fifth is the burned spark plugs. All three were horrible and I just had them changed last year and haven’t rode since September. Sixth, seventh and eight pics are the differences between the two starting gears. The rest of the pics are of the wire I am having trouble with. It comes off of the left hand side of the bike and runs up under the frame and by the starter and starter gear cover. Any and all info is appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bad Role Model; 05-23-2018 at 06:26 PM.
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 PM

Crank angle sensor. Female part is on the right hand side of the bike behind the fuse panel.
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleiper1 View Post
Crank angle sensor. Female part is on the right hand side of the bike behind the fuse panel.

post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Role Model View Post
Thank you sir.
Suzie is very knowledgeable, and certainly not a "sir"!
esq'z me and esq'z me like this.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 03:41 PM

New Site Garage
Good to see the progress! A little carbon build up never hurt anyone. Can just use some throttle body cleaner and try and get quality gas.

Use new orings on the valve cover gasket and that leak will go away. Also, make sure to use a little silicon in the 'corners' when putting that cover back on. Its in the manual where a little dab needs to go. Same as many valve cover gasket jobs.... the corners usually call for a dab.

That connector is critical! I tried to compare to some pics I took but I didn't have that connector in any of mine. Good thing Suzie rescued you... she, sir is a gentleman and a scholar!

Hope you were able to get some parts locally and some from Italy like we talked. You'll be back on the road in no time. Let us know how we can help!

2014 MV Agusta F3 800 ABS
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Role Model View Post
Thank you sir.
Suzie is very knowledgeable, and certainly not a "sir"! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/thewife.gif[/IMG]
My apologies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode