F3 675: loss of radiator liquid cooling - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

F3 675: loss of radiator liquid cooling

Hi, yesterday after a tour of about 100km I was stopped at the traffic lights in the city and my F3 (the bike has 1700km) began to throw out the liquid from tubes under the bike.
I returned home I added the liquid in the tank (from the hole to the right of the steering head) and after I made approximately 20km, today rechecking with the cold engine I noticed that the level is exactly in the direction of the minimum (to be precise, with the motorcycle in an upright position, the liquid level is exactly in the middle of written "MIN").
Is it normal that the cooling liquid in the tank is in the direction of the minimum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Yes this is normal, if i ever tried to put more than the min level in the expansion bottle the excess would find its way out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudman For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Today I took the bike to go around 70km and I noticed that when it overheats (2 clears more than half the indicator) it starts to lose liquid cooling from the tube under the bike. In my opinion, this isn't normal because with cold engine, before going those 70km, the liquid cooling level inside the pan was already in the direction of the minimum indicator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 PM

New Site Garage
Try replacing the radiator cap, there's been several failures of them although bike hot as per indication doesn't mean the same as overheating.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
The Following User Says Thank You to Donsy For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by .fabioss. View Post
Hi, yesterday after a tour of about 100km I was stopped at the traffic lights in the city and my F3 (the bike has 1700km) began to throw out the liquid from tubes under the bike.
I returned home I added the liquid in the tank (from the hole to the right of the steering head) and after I made approximately 20km, today rechecking with the cold engine I noticed that the level is exactly in the direction of the minimum (to be precise, with the motorcycle in an upright position, the liquid level is exactly in the middle of written "MIN").
Is it normal that the cooling liquid in the tank is in the direction of the minimum?
Make sure u fill up just above the edge of the letters of MIN.
When bike is at operating temperatures the level rises to about 3/4th of resorvoir.

Did same 170km ride yesterday. Same issue. Coolant reservoir empty. Glad I could make it home.
Didnt noticed it until I stood stil and saw the coolant under MIN level. And bike was operating temperature.

I always get a sweet kind of smell, so I believe the coolant leaks from the hose dripping on radiator.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

If I understand the correct fluid level is in the middle of the word "MIN". Currently the level on my bike is largely under the word "MIN", so it's obvious that something is wrong and apparently a rather widespread problem.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:03 AM

Hello Art Lovers!,

Since this topic already exists, I have an issue with my coolant as well. Yesterday took my F3 675 2012 first time in the season for a spin and after around 40 kms I noticed that my right fairing (Sitting on the bike) was wet with droplets spread all over. Since I had been riding, my suit on my right leg was wet too. After rushing back to the garage I conducted an examination of what could the fluid be. I found that the coolant level was a bit below MIN which as far as I remebered was not the case before I started that morning. Upon examination, I found the area of leakage (Indicated in the picture). I noticed that the drip was faster when I rolled on the accelerator a bit.

After a thorough visual inspection, I could not find any visual damage in the hose itself and from what I coul conclude, the seal is no more secure although there is no noticeable play between the hose and the Radiator inlet. Does anyone has any experience with such a problem ? Is there somthing I can do to repair the problem other than replacing the hose with a new one ?

Also, I am relatively inexperienced with repairing myself but I really want to give it a try incase I need to change the hoses. Taking it to the dealer could be expensive ! My question is whether it is doable or it requires professional skills to the level where dealer/workshop is the best option ? Additionally, upon reading the manual I came across the information where the Petrol tank is required to be removed in order to take out the radiator and replace the hoses. I myself do not see the necessity since I can reach all the mounting screws without removing the tank. Is it necessary to remove the tank ?
Attached Images

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Personally, I would loosen the clamp, disconnect the hose, clean up the offending areas, apply a light rubber grease to the hose internal and then reassemble.

If that does not remedy the situation, then I would replace the hose.
Luerlock and Luerlock like this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
The Following User Says Thank You to silentservice703 For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 01:45 AM

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This seems like the better alternative before I start unmounting things. I would give this a try! Thanks a lot..
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I write in this thread to avoid to open another thread.
What is the liquid cooling quantity necessary to complete change?

However, on the maintenance manual is indicated, as liquid cooling raccomended, the "Agip Eco Permanent".
Now I think that the liquid cooling raccomended by Eni it should be "Eni Antifreeze Eco Ready". Is it correct?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode