clutch TSB - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

clutch TSB

Was at my dealer today getting a new front tire (funny - worn out at 4500 miles but the rear is fine) and there is a technical service bulletin for the clutch. Looks like some internal parts need to be replaced. Evidently isn't dangerous, and my dealer started the paperwork to get the parts for it. To quote my service manager "looks like MV wants to start being a real company" as they are requiring the dealer to first send paperwork to the US office, then have the US office send to Italy (as opposed to just letting the US office initiate). Ahh, bureaucracy...

On a positive note, the bike continues to make me giggle. Weekend after next I go in for tweaks with a local suspension guru.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nostatic For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Established Member

Maybe do fewer stoppies, sir. XD

2017 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 03:04 PM

New Site Garage
Two observations on this; tech at Ed Cosker's mentioned that there was a clutch modification available and would hopefully fit this to my TV the next time I'm in. Said it was to reduce noise.

Front tyre, pretty shocked but mine was down to wear markers by lunchtime today on the right shoulder, now as good as bald in the same place a few hours later. Total mileage: 2,385! Still about 500 miles until home so will have to be very careful if it rains. Good news is weather looks fine for tomorrow, our last full day in Spain. Will reduce/eliminate trail braking into right-handers for the rest of the trip...

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 07-02-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
Maybe do fewer stoppies, sir. XD
I never do those. At least on purpose

|
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 06:11 AM

Jen has taken her TV back to the dealer complaining of excessive clutch noise and a judder when pulling away, we were aware of the TSB so in it went.

Bike on the ramp clutch out and inspected, no apparent sign of damage/wear, parts on order but we all know its going to be a good wait before those turn up, bike on a bit over 5k miles. Not a happy wife at the moment

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 03:31 PM

My bike has been stuck at the dealer for nearly two months . It has the usual 10 niggly things , but it is the TSB on the clutch and the dealer saying the bike can't be ridden because of this, that is the real problem.
Have any other TV owners been told not to ride the bike until the clutch is fixed /and or have the parts been available to do the repairs.
Summer is slipping away here.
thanks
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 04:30 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLKAWASUKI View Post
it is the TSB on the clutch and the dealer saying the bike can't be ridden because of this, that is the real problem.
Have any other TV owners been told not to ride the bike until the clutch is fixed /and or have the parts been available to do the repairs.
Sympathies on being bike-less at this time of year. No warning from dealer regarding not riding the bike, would be quite miffed if he did... If it were dangerous this would surely be a recall rather than a service bulletin.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:40 PM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLKAWASUKI View Post
My bike has been stuck at the dealer for nearly two months . It has the usual 10 niggly things , but it is the TSB on the clutch and the dealer saying the bike can't be ridden because of this, that is the real problem.
thanks
Where are you located ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 PM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Sympathies on being bike-less at this time of year. No warning from dealer regarding not riding the bike, would be quite miffed if he did... If it were dangerous this would surely be a recall rather than a service bulletin.
This one ?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Service Bulletin n° 168 - Clutch update TV.pdf (203.0 KB, 155 views)

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:11 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
This one ?
Interesting - they allow 48 mins to perform the procedure from start to finish. Sounds about right? I have been told some crazy (low) times for some things by dealers.

Cheers, Simon

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode