Map update on 16 dragster rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Map update on 16 dragster rr

Purchased a bike in april of this year, and went in for my 1000km. Had a few things that needed checking, like my throttle that was hanging/unresponsive. Also have a noisy chain tensioner, which the dealer says is normal sound. Will see how it goes with time. I was also complaining that the bike did not always start easily in the morning. Took longer to fire up than it should.

I qas surprised to see there was already a map update out for our 2016 bikes. Haven't noticed anything yet... Anyone else get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 03:54 PM

Not aware of the map update but interested to see what they say about early morning starting issues as mine is doing the same thing.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 11:14 PM

Have you tried lowering your traction control setting? I think it's a bit too sensitive on 8 and and can cause the throttle to not respond sometimes. It seemed to help my dragster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Starting was also a problem with mine, but has been fine since getting a new starter clutch
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 07:19 AM

New Site Garage
First thing in the morning mine on first start turns over maybe 1/2 second longer before firing up but fine when warm. If it starts in under 2 seconds don't sweat it. Throttle bodies need to be synced though I know that a biggy

Since having mine they have done about 3 map updates so I'm told, honestly I cant really tell much difference, maybe a bit smoother low down but a run a custom map anyways

Noisy cam chain is more likely a noisy engine, its italian and a triple so kinda accept that. Mines running sweet after 9000 miles and alot of abuse

As mentioned previously the traction control is primitive at best. Anything above 4 and you're going to find it unresponsive on spirited rides. Keep it at 3 max and you'll have no issues, if you ride hard on road/track then Id say 2

If its still unresponsive after this then yep you got an issue right there

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
First thing in the morning mine on first start turns over maybe 1/2 second longer before firing up but fine when warm. If it starts in under 2 seconds don't sweat it. Throttle bodies need to be synced though I know that a biggy

Since having mine they have done about 3 map updates so I'm told, honestly I cant really tell much difference, maybe a bit smoother low down but a run a custom map anyways

Noisy cam chain is more likely a noisy engine, its italian and a triple so kinda accept that. Mines running sweet after 9000 miles and alot of abuse

As mentioned previously the traction control is primitive at best. Anything above 4 and you're going to find it unresponsive on spirited rides. Keep it at 3 max and you'll have no issues, if you ride hard on road/track then Id say 2

If its still unresponsive after this then yep you got an issue right there
Thanks for your input!

Their update did not fix the long starts in the morning. I don't think a starter clutch could cause this though. It turns over fine, just doesn't fire up.

We've had the same issue at work ( I work for subaru ). Our issue was a can sensor that needed a smaller shim for the gear to trigger it. It would then fire up.

What do you mean custom map??? I've been tuning my maps and ECUs for years and haven't found anything to get in to my ecm. Mind pointing me I'm the Right direction??

Thanks!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 05:25 AM

Hey Wrick

Search for Sprag Clutch, it definitely could be the problem. Symptoms of the issue also includes engine turning over but not firing up. Weak battery and sprag clutch issues go hand in hand with these bikes. One being faulty could cause the other to fail also.

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
Hey Wrick

Search for Sprag Clutch, it definitely could be the problem. Symptoms of the issue also includes engine turning over but not firing up. Weak battery and sprag clutch issues go hand in hand with these bikes. One being faulty could cause the other to fail also.
I got the canister out yesterday, will see about the longer cranking.

It just turns over, no weird noises nothing.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM

You have 4 settings for fuelling on the bike. Rain, Normal, Custom and sport. These are accessed by pressing the start button when engine is running. The custom setting allows you to change the fuelling and engine braking etc to your preferred settings.

If I were you I would first balance the throttle bodies. Mine ran like a pig till I balanced the throttle bodies and now runs sweetly.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 05:45 AM

New Site Garage
What Squidger said, its not getting into the ECU as such its something the bike can do from the menu

Run everything in sport except throttle response, put that as road

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode