rear Indicator TV water inside - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
rear Indicator TV water inside

Has someone the same? Moisture in the indicator (right side where the exhaust is)

How to get the water out??

Just drove yesterday in some rain and now it is some water inside.. :-((

poor quality, I guess !!

Still waiting for the Clutch Switch and Quick Shift Sensor to replaced because there also faulty :-((

I'm not really happy as I should be!!

Gero
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 05:41 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero HH View Post
Has someone the same?
Waiting to hear from my dealer about delivery of warranty replacement rear left indicator which failed after riding in wet conditions. Didn't fail completely to start with, just at random, tapping the indicator would get I working again. Whilst waiting for delivery of new part it has now ceased functioning entirely. Poor design I fear, the fact that they appear to be sealed/not openable is discouraging. Better weather sealing would solve the problem. I sometimes get the impression that these bikes are built for use in fair weather only.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 02:48 PM

Both mine have water in them.
Solution for now - drilled a 1/16" hole at the bottom of the light between the rear black plastic housing and the clear front lens. Water slowly dripped out over night. Both lights continue to function properly.
glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:54 AM
Established Member

So far no water in mine. I cover them in Acf50. Not sure if it helps. R&G do a rear tail tidy for the TV. Looks like the indicators go on the top instead of the bottom. Would have to check if it would get the exhaust blasting hot air at one side. You can use different LED indicators on the R&G tail tidy. Design Corse have one on their website.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
thanks for the answers so far...
I thought someone was be able to open up the indicator, get the moisture out and sealed again.
I would give it a try but I don't now know.. and brake it in pieces it not a solution, because u can't get a new one

Gero
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 AM

New Site Garage
Gero, I'm having both a rear and a front changed under warranty by my dealer (once the parts arrive from Italy). Will ask if I can keep the old ones to experiment with. However he'll probably need to retain and return them? Not too sure how the warranty process works for the dealer in this regard.

Chas
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 05:50 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Gero, I'm having both a rear and a front changed under warranty by my dealer (once the parts arrive from Italy). Will ask if I can keep the old ones to experiment with. However he'll probably need to retain and return them? Not too sure how the warranty process works for the dealer in this regard.

Spoke to Jay about this before, apparently some but not all of the rear style indicators can be prised apart. Could be a different glue, different sealing process who knows but that was the answer I got got when mine were replaced. Never had a problem since, touch wood.
Don't ask me about radiators though! Sore point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 05:55 AM

Still waiting for the third replacement tail light for my Rivale. It's been a month and no word on when it might get here. They go bad so often that I'm gonna get screwed when the warranty runs out.

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red800 View Post
Spoke to Jay about this before, apparently some but not all of the rear style indicators can be prised apart. Could be a different glue, different sealing process who knows but that was the answer I got got when mine were replaced. Never had a problem since, touch wood.
Don't ask me about radiators though! Sore point.
Apparently Jay had an off on Thursday, think he's OK, just a bit battered/bruised.

Will wait and see what happens with the replacements. Brought the issues up when I was there for my break-in service, Sam checked availability and the rear one was available from the factory so should be there by now. Need to give Ed a ring and find out what's going on as there's a few other things that need sorting (removal of alarm and I omitted to get my service book stamped).

Chas
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM

New Site Garage
Service book? Thought it was all on the USB stick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode