TURISMO First time out woes - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:21 AM

Here there are my issues:

Last saturday while being at a traffic jam I noticed that some coolant was expelled by the lower ducts. At he same time I noticed as well that the coolant bottle was empty, absolutely dry, and that worried me. Is it normal that he coolant is being expelled when the engine is HI and also that the bottle is empty? As far as I know, the coolant level should be at MIN, am I right?

Secondly, the rear brake lever is almost impossibe to actívate, is too low and the lenght to push until it Works is a drama. How can I resolve this? Is it there any tutorial here or somewere else?

Finally, my panniers were provided without its lockers (key bowlers). I've asked to the seller for a set of lockers and he replied me that it will take time to arrive, what a mess. Is it there any alternative for getting a pair of lockers placing an order to MV or somewere else? I would need them for summer, a trip to the Alps is in our Schedule.

Many thanks !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 06:16 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKUS View Post
Last saturday while being at a traffic jam I noticed that some coolant was expelled by the lower ducts. At he same time I noticed as well that the coolant bottle was empty, absolutely dry, and that worried me. Is it normal that he coolant is being expelled when the engine is HI and also that the bottle is empty? As far as I know, the coolant level should be at MIN, am I right?
My dealer mentioned, when I collected my bike, that when cold the coolant header tank to the right of the steering stem/headstock shouldn't be filled above the minimum mark, in fact he might have even said lower, I can't recall, he did make a point of it though. Others on here have mentioned the same. Mine looks empty from the outside yet all is running OK.

Some see the MIN and MAX marks like those on an oil dipstick and try to aim to fill to the MAX mark. Your dealer may have added some when preparing the bike which has now been ejected through the expansion tank's overflow.

As you probably know that this is an expansion tank and as the engine heats up coolant flows into to it and as it cools again it's drawn back into the cooling system. Ideally it should vary between the two levels depending on the engine temperature. I think that maybe the tank is too small to allow this to happen effectively.

So long as the cooling system isn't drawing air back into the system when cool (there should ideally be some coolant visible in the bottom of the tank, not sure how much will fit into the pipework?) then all should be OK.

Quote:
Secondly, the rear brake lever is almost impossibe to actívate, is too low and the lenght to push until it Works is a drama. How can I resolve this? Is it there any tutorial here or somewere else?
Mine is similar, will hopefully have a chance to look at that later today.

Quote:
Finally, my panniers were provided without its lockers (key bowlers). I've asked to the seller for a set of lockers and he replied me that it will take time to arrive, what a mess. Is it there any alternative for getting a pair of lockers placing an order to MV or somewere else? I would need them for summer, a trip to the Alps is in our Schedule.
My dealer ordered panniers with every TV he's ordered from the factory. If ordering separately I'm not sure how it works, if you get a locket matched to your bikes ignition key or have to have a separate key.

As you maybe aware MV are in the process of going through some financial restructuring/hardship. Parts availability has been disrupted as a result of this. However, it now seems like things are returning to something like normal so hopefully you locks will arrive soon.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKUS View Post
Here there are my issues:

Many thanks !!
1. coolant tank should be almost empty. Anywhere near the min line and it will puke coolant until it is happy. Just watch it and odds are it will quit dumping coolant and be fine.

2. The rear brake lever is low, and my system got air quickly which made it completely useless (as in push it all the way and zero braking). I bled it and that brought it back to life but even then it is pretty weak. Very much Ducati Multistrada-esque. Not sure if the lever can be adjusted.

3. The locks for the panniers should be tucked into the bike - they ship that way from the factory (at least my TV did). I ordered the pannier separately and they showed up without locks. The mechanic went to the bike and the locks were wrapped up and tucked under the seat iirc. Have them check in/on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Thank you for your replies
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie View Post
Being as the weather here has finally turned to something more like summer here and i have found the the time, i took my first ride out on the Turismo today. I've been looking forward to riding it for months now and can say i am not disappointed, absolutely love it as an all round bike. It does everything pretty well, including falling apart 😜.

So i've only covered about 90 miles and the problems have already started.
Firstly the Dash comes up with a "GPS" error and won't go away, Secondly the clip that holds the rear brake lever to the master cylinder FELL OFF!!! and I was wondering why i had to push the lever so low to get any rear brake?, i knew the pedal is quite low from standard, which is annoying in it's self.

Finally i noticed the coolant bottle was almost empty before setting out, obviously not "PDi'd" very well so topped it up, but the thing still gets near max on the temp gauge with the fans going 10 to the dozen if you sit idling at traffic lights to long.

Don't get me wrong, even with these early faults, it hasn't dampened my spirits and i still love the bike and will persevere with it, as i know they will get sorted eventually, hopefully when it's due the first service, that's if they don't go bust in the meantime.

I knew buying an MV would have it's issues and understood what it would entail and i suppose that it's all is part of the game owning a piece of automotive art from a relatively small volume manufacturer, Although i have to say their passion, design, fit and finish is outstanding and companies like this do need supporting or they disappear and we're just left with bland, which is why i bought 2 bikes from them, can't really think of many other bikes or manufacturers i could say that about.

Also can't think of many other bikes (and i've had a lot of them) i would want in my lounge, just to stare at lovingly 😝

Has anyone else had or know about any of these problems or any short term fixes or solutions? the bike will go back to the dealer, but with a dealer 2 hours away and 4 bikes to ride this summer, that could be some while 🤔

Cheers.

P.S. Oh i nearly forgot, the mirror came loose as well..... at this rate there won't be much bike left to take back to the dealers 🙈😂
Hello gents!
Just brought home my new TV Lusso last weekend. I've been really happy with my 2010 Multistrada 1200....until I rode the TV. So impressed with that I bought it. The ink barely dried on my check (78 miles) when I discovered the same GPS error notification. I disconnected the battery and gave it a full charge. Left it disconnected overnight. Reconnected and problem still there. I'm curious to know if you've found out anything regarding the fault. Other than this minor glitch, I love this bike! What a nice change from the MS. Makes the Duc feel very tractor-like for lack of a better description. I'm looking forward to riding the TV as much as possible this winter. Thankfully my dealer is only 20 miles away so I'll head there this weekend for proper system diagnosis. I'll let you know what I find out.

F3 675 RC
Dragster RR
Rivale 800
Turismo Veloce Lusso
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
Aprilia RS125
Triumph Bobber

F41000R Senna (sold)
F4 1000S (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode