Am I the only one who is having issues with the TV800? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Am I the only one who is having issues with the TV800?

Hi guys!
Don't get me wrong... I love my bike but it has been frustrating me lately. I've had the Clutch Switch issues resolved and the firmware update happen and I thought that was the end.

Then my tail light went loose and rattled the LED tube inside the housing to where MV sent me a replacement tail light.

Then, right after that got replaced, I got more errors on my dash stating "Front Speed" then after going 10mph I got another warning showing "Stop Engine ABS"
ABS no longer works, and there are two triangles, one behind the other.
My rear turn signal has been water condensed for about a month now after I got stuck in very light rain.

Also, under harder breaking, my whole front end shakes like my brake rotors are warped.
All this happen and I just reached exactly 5,000 miles today.

Anyone else having as many issues as I am or did I just but a very unlucky MV?

Thanks all!
-Boris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 10:16 PM

New Site Garage
You're probably not, but issue's get posted in the Maintenance section.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 12:02 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Boris,
the issues with the Clutch Switch, I guess has everyone here. Me too and I'am waiting for the part now 2 month!! MV sent no parts out, because of his financial situation. The FW update is not really an issue. With the dash, it could be a cable connector witch is wet or faulty...
But maybe you just have an TV witch was produced on a Monday (it's the saying in Germany, when something is bad) But my Clutch SW make some strange thinks as well on the dash we he is playing up...

And thanks for the PM .. I've ordered one!!

Gero
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
You're probably not, but issue's get posted in the Maintenance section.
I am sorry. I posted it here thinking it was OK due to it being model specific.
If this is in the wrong place, can someone please move it to the right place?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero HH View Post
Hi Boris,
the issues with the Clutch Switch, I guess has everyone here. Me too and I'am waiting for the part now 2 month!! MV sent no parts out, because of his financial situation. The FW update is not really an issue. With the dash, it could be a cable connector witch is wet or faulty...
But maybe you just have an TV witch was produced on a Monday (it's the saying in Germany, when something is bad) But my Clutch SW make some strange thinks as well on the dash we he is playing up...

And thanks for the PM .. I've ordered one!!
My clutch switch issue happen before the whole financial thing so I was lucky that it was ordered and came in fairly quickly.
I took my MV to the shop today and they said (of course) that they will take really good care of me and give me a loaner bike to use while my MV is in the shop. I love GP Motorcycles here in San Diego. Would recommend them to anyone!

I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues.

PS, I hope you enjoy your bag. Message me again so I can show you how to mount it
The Following User Says Thank You to Boooooris For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 03:50 AM
Established Member

I have had no issues so far. No clutch switch problem......as yet. I have been careful with the rear indicators seeing they have a condensation problem. I cover them in WD40 to try and keep moisture out.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 05:42 AM

I had a small issue with the front left turn indicator switch. the cable broke because it is maybe just an inch too short and gets stretched when I lock the steering to the right. Problem was solved in 20 minutes while I had a cup of coffee!

Turismo Veloce 800
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickr69 View Post
I have had no issues so far. No clutch switch problem......as yet. I have been careful with the rear indicators seeing they have a condensation problem. I cover them in WD40 to try and keep moisture out.
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos View Post
I had a small issue with the front left turn indicator switch. the cable broke because it is maybe just an inch too short and gets stretched when I lock the steering to the right. Problem was solved in 20 minutes while I had a cup of coffee!
I'm glad that it was able to be resolved so quickly!

I just dropped off my MV at my dealer (GP Motorcycles) and they gave me a Ducati Hyper-Tard with 4 miles as a loaner
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:51 PM

New Site Garage
Ha nice one Boooooris, my dealer said all they could give me was a 125 scooter.....I got the train home, sod doing 250km on motorways on that. By the way, enjoy your videos man love that drone you've got, keep them coming.

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogort View Post
Ha nice one Boooooris, my dealer said all they could give me was a 125 scooter.....I got the train home, sod doing 250km on motorways on that. By the way, enjoy your videos man love that drone you've got, keep them coming.
Oh man!! Hahahaha! 125 scooter! That would have made an interesting ride home.
And thank you so much! I'm glad that you enjoy my vids

I may be getting my bike back today.
They found out that one of the wires going to the front speed sensor tore because the factory made the wire too short, so it put so much strain on the wire while turning full lock to the left.
They also replaced the clutch cover gasket so no more oil leaks!

(Video soon to come)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode