Odd F3 675 throttle behavour after long ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Odd F3 675 throttle behavour after long ride

Bike is pretty up to date with ECU maps, usually performs faultlessly. Over the last week I've had the rare chance to get it out for more than an hour at a time and noticed it doing some strange stuff after very long periods of running.

Throttle is usually completely faultless on this bike - no surging, no glitching, no wavering idle - perfect. Hasn't always been the case, but since the first map update it received, it's been spot on.

On both Friday (I did a long 3 hour each way commute) and Sunday (all day ride out with a slowish traffic section towards the end) it started to misbehave a little after a couple of hours.

In periods of steady running - so long periods of constant throttle in traffic on main roads - it started to exhibit symptoms typical of the throttle bodies being out of sync: Snatchy throttle pickup from closed, revs surging around idle when you pull the clutch in. At one stage, I stopped for petrol when it was at its worst and it took a few goes to start (revved to 5K and died - wouldn't idle)

Go back to it the next day and it's as sweet as pie. Runs as perfectly as usual.

Not expecting a solution, TBH, as running it for long periods of constant throttle probably isn't typical usage, but it's an odd one, if anyone has any ideas.

Due a service next month, so it'll get the throttle bodies re-synched and the map updated if there's a new one. Just weird it runs fine for hours and then starts to misbehave - it's far too long for it to be a temp thing - it's not overheating and the temp gauge is stable throughout.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 EAS
2000 Kawasaki ZX7R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Also - can't be sure - but I get the feeling it's only when it's on constant throttle for decent periods - not when it's up and down the revs, loads and gears. Only towards my run out on Sunday, did it start doing it again and I'd been out for 4 hours at that stage - and had got back into some steady traffic, from being on deserted back roads.

2013 MV Agusta F3 675 EAS
2000 Kawasaki ZX7R
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Banned

Hi I had a similar thing on MA dragster I had ran ok but then started to get that hunting revs up and down slightly , then one day going to work got a few mile down road bike started cutting out when gearing down from 3-2-1 called in fuel station went to start fire up then cut out did this 5 times I had to keep throttle revving at about 3000 rpm had it back to dealer air screws needed adjusting on throttle bodies after this it ran sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Established Member

Same problem with my Brutal 800. I guess I need to pay$$$ to get the throttle bodies sync'd. The bike is out of warranty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode