TVL - replacement battery size/model - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

TVL - replacement battery size/model

Anyone know offhand the equivalent replacement battery (e.g. Odyssey)? Seems like a prophylactic measure to replace the OEM to help head off any sprag issues. I know these have been recommended previously:

http://antigravitybatteries.com/oem-case-clymb/

Last edited by Donsy; 02-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 12:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to idahomike
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
Anyone know offhand the equivalent replacement battery (e.g. Odyssey)? Seems like a prophylactic measure to replace the OEM to help head off any sprag issues. I know these have been recommended previously:

http://antigravitybatteries.com/oem-case-clymb/
Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 Battery & charger has worked well in both my F3's. 19Ah is quite a bit higher than the OEM 11 Ah rating.
Donsy and Donsy like this.

Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue (Blue Thing) -SOLD
2013 F3 675 Red/Silver (Velocita) -SOLD
2014 899 Panigale Red (John Wayne)
2016 F3 675 RC #26 (Luisella)
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup

Last edited by idahomike; 04-18-2016 at 12:37 AM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 02:00 AM

New Site Garage
Todd we try and keep issue's together in certain sections, it helps prevent double threads or duplicates on the same topics.
So when you start a thread on batteries, or anything else, it's always a good idea to put the model of the bike in the heading of the new post.
If you did a search in the maintenance section you would have noticed this has been discussed a LOT, on all models.

FWIW, I use Antigravity batteries too, and they work much better than the OEM Yuasa, compare the CCA of a 12 cell Antigravity to what is in your bike and you'd be sorted.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...gravity&page=5

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 04-18-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Donsy, understood. I didn't find much on batteries specific to the TV on my search (though did find one in retrospect - google-fu fail), hence my post. I figure it has a different alternator than the other bikes (since it ostensibly is a touring bike), so maybe the battery was a different spec from the F3/B3 as well.

From one of the other threads, looks like this was the YUASA equivalent:

http://www.yuasa.co.uk/batteries/mot...ee/ytz14s.html

I sent an email to Antigravity to see what they say - they're local to me.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:01 PM

New Site Garage
No worries Todd, let us know what they come up with please.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:58 PM

Hi, Looks like I have to replace my TVL OEM battery at 1yr and 5000miles! Not sure if I should go for a lead acid type (Yuasa YTZ14S) or a Lithium. The antigravity site does not list the TV amongst the MV models it supports. Which model did they suggest for the TV when you got in touch with them?

Which battery did you finally go for? Are you happy with your choice. Cheers.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:42 AM

New Site Garage
Hi,
I just got last year a Lithium battery and I'm very happy with it. Much lighter as the standard battery!! and a lot of power even in the cold time of year.
J.C. and J.C. like this.

Gero
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 AM

New Site Garage
Gero

Only half the story there man...

What manufacturer? Do you have a model number? Is it physically the same size as the OEM battery?

What tender do you use with it. Have heard that Lithium batteries require a charger that a/ doesn't have a de-sulphate cycle, and b/ a specific maximum Ah rating.

My TVL has been on the MV supplied battery tender all winter, no serious sub zero temperatures so far this year (about -8C minimum) but the stories of the original battery giving up the ghost before it's really due make me lean towards the better cranking amperage of a decent one in an attempt to help preserve the starter clutch. Weak starting is, I reckon, going to hasten the demise of the sprag. The fact that the OEM battery brand is BS doesn't inspire the greatest of confidence, a company that obvioulsy doesn't do brand name research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gero HH View Post
I just got last year a Lithium battery and I'm very happy with it. Much lighter as the standard battery!! and a lot of power even in the cold time of year.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:43 PM

New Site Garage
well, I've got the battery from Louis.de here in Germany.. and it fits correct in the space ... they was asking witch model of battery I've had before an gave my this one. So I'm not sure which model and Type it is... you can see the battery on one of this pics from the chain oiler.. :-)
I din't used the bike for 2 month now, because of the bad weather conditions. We had always - C but last Saturday I started the bike with no problems at all. It took a few moments but the bike started then with no problems. I never had a charger on it.

But your right If you want to charge the Lithium Battery you need a special charger for it!!

But how the battery works and acts is completely different to the normal battery.

see:

Gero
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Gero

Is it the LTM14B? That is the Lithium battery Louis recommend for the TV. Looking at the spec though this model is 4Ah while the TV OEM battery is 10Ah. I cannot find a CCA rating for this battery anywhere. Did you get any paperwork with the battery that gives the CCA rating?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode