Removing cables from Exhaust Servo - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Removing cables from Exhaust Servo

So its just going to be a temporary fix until i get my bike to the dealer for a replacement but

How has everyone bypassed the exhaust valve?
Any tips for unhooking the cables?

I want to unhook the cables and then i read someone on this forum had lock-wired the valve open. I assume the valve is in the closed position at idle and then opens as the revs increase.

If i keep the servo unit plugged in but just disconnect the cables will this throw up an error?

I have had this problem now for 1500kms and its a pain in the ass riding with the malfunction on the dash let alone the drop in power from the valve restricting the exhaust.

This will be just a temporary dodgy fix until i get to the dealer as i'm hoping to do ALOT of riding over the weekend. Dealer here is a fucking idiot hence why i've been avoiding getting this fixed sooner.

Cheers guys

Alex
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 04:10 AM

The bottom cable is holding the valve in the closed position in your photo, a bit of freeplay in the opposite cable is normal. From memory, when you release the cables the spring will push the valve to the open position, lock wire it there.
I removed the entire servo and fitted a healtech eliminator - see link.
I still think you should do your ecu plugs, by the way.
I finally got mine out on the track again last weekend, and still no recurrance of any problems.
http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/ese/

We're all here, but we're not all there.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 07:43 AM

Better yet........remove the valve assembly from the pipe and weld two slugs in where the the shaft was

Cheers
Terry
2011 F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

thanks for the info guys.

So i ended up removing the cables and like an idiot lockwired it in the closed position (as i thought that was open) anyway quickly learned my error. So just let the valve sit open by itself as the spring keeps it open so didn't end up using any lockwire. Was pretty simple and after 700kms of hard riding over the weekend all is good and that stupid warning doesn't come on anymore.

yeah i might do the ECU plugs greg but since i've done the grease on the other connectors bike has been fine (about 1,500kms later)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode