Software, Hardware..or both - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Latest American software update for B3?

It's probably been well over a year since my most recent software update. I have a 2014 Brutale 800 located in Florida. Does anyone know when the last update was released in the U.S.?

Also, is there any chance the software mapping can become corrupt? My bike was running great and now suddenly it's surging and sometimes has a flat spot when accelerating. I also get an occasional "malfunction" on the display and nothing else

I'm hoping a reflash of software might clear this problem.

Last edited by tobysdad; 03-26-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM

I'd be surprised. I would be less surprised if it were due to the old bugbear of the throttle bodies needing balancing.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
I'd be surprised. I would be less surprised if it were due to the old bugbear of the throttle bodies needing balancing.
Hopefully hooking it up to the computer might shed some light. In California my dealer would hook it up for free. Not sure if the dealer here in Tampa will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:08 AM

If your still under warranty, I wouldn't think that you would spend a dime to get the dealer to sort it out

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 11:58 AM

Could also be dead throttle. I had that one.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
If your still under warranty, I wouldn't think that you would spend a dime to get the dealer to sort it out
Not under warranty. I'm just looking for ideas on what it might be. I probably have had at least $2000 in warranty work since I bought the bike: New radiator, three sprags, throttle bodies sealed, shift indicator, tip over sensor etc.

I love the bike when it's running right, which is about 70% of the time.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 04:26 AM

Thats a lot of issues for a new bike, or anything else for that matter. I'd go over the basic stuff like Check for vacuum leaks at the throttle bodies and lines, battery and charging system, grounds to earth, that kind of stuff. I never heard of a closed systems software getting corrupt before. I have seen a map get wiped out by incorrect battery hook up on a 1997 HD night train , but I wouldn't assume the same thing could've happened to you. My bet is a throttle adjustment , but it's hard to diagnose over the computer .

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 04:51 AM

New Site Garage
Also check for air leaks in the gasket between the head and exhaust manifold and the same for the lambda sensor at the base of the exhaust, heard they can be a problem confusing the ecu with air/fuel exhaust mixture readings causing the bike to run rough?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode