Throttle shut off lag - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Throttle shut off lag

Hey all I am new to the forum so forgive any repost of existing topics. I'm 32 & 85 kg and a track rider of 10 years. I don't ride on the road anymore. I have an F3 800 2014. After running the bike in and taking it for its initial service I have taken the bike to track and that's my only use with it. I had an unfortunate accident on my first outing where I slipped of the edge of the footpeg. Lesson learnt that was changed so the smooth edged peg has been replaced for a set of pegs with more grip to save my dignity.

On the brief riding I have done I noticed the shut off of the throttle has a lag on it which is quite unsettling on aggressive corner entry.

How can I check my latest map? Is there anything I can do myself with the ECU and a laptop or is it an upgrade to a power commander ? Or do I have to adjust my riding style on track ?

Any help appreciated. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 05:01 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate, Spain ?
The F3's have a anti engine braking system, I believe you can turn this off on your custom mapping, without any laptop, and a Power Commander will not help and is not recommended for the F3.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antopenwright View Post
Hey all I am new to the forum so forgive any repost of existing topics. I'm 32 & 85 kg and a track rider of 10 years. I don't ride on the road anymore. I have an F3 800 2014. After running the bike in and taking it for its initial service I have taken the bike to track and that's my only use with it. I had an unfortunate accident on my first outing where I slipped of the edge of the footpeg. Lesson learnt that was changed so the smooth edged peg has been replaced for a set of pegs with more grip to save my dignity.

On the brief riding I have done I noticed the shut off of the throttle has a lag on it which is quite unsettling on aggressive corner entry.

How can I check my latest map? Is there anything I can do myself with the ECU and a laptop or is it an upgrade to a power commander ? Or do I have to adjust my riding style on track ?

Any help appreciated. ?
Does it happen all of the time? When you first start racing or after a few engine brakes + brake into corners?

Kag

Kag

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 10:34 AM

are you banging down the box at the same time or just feathering the throttle ?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks donsy in fact thank you to you all. I'm of to the opening of andalucia in Spain which has been designed by Tito rebar so should be good !

It's not all of the time but it is frequent typically if I run the gear before shutting off so on long bends generally

Donsy how do you access that feature will I find that in the user manual I got with it ?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antopenwright View Post
Thanks donsy in fact thank you to you all. I'm of to the opening of andalucia in Spain which has been designed by Tito rebar so should be good !

It's not all of the time but it is frequent typically if I run the gear before shutting off so on long bends generally

Donsy how do you access that feature will I find that in the user manual I got with it ?
Personal experience with my Dragster is, if I engine brake before a corner and slow the bike down too much in a high gear, the engine becomes very "loose" and shut off lag kicks in (the engine takes longer to slow down when you back off the throttle with clutch in).

It rectifies itself after a while of behaving. I have recently discovered this and since then it hasn't happened to me again. I now make sure the the gear I am in is appropriate for the speed the bike is going.

Just my experience on the whole thing. Maybe take her down an extra gear and test it out.

Kag

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Kageira. I think the issue you describe is different to the issue I have. I am definitely running the speed through the right gear as I'm typically in the 6-11k rpm. I do note that the bike does feel loose if your in the low range of rpm and that this is greater felt at low speeds.

I think the issue I'm having is electronic and down to the map between the the electronic throttle and the ECU behaviour at shut of. I think there may be a resolution in the info provided by donsy I just have to find where it is in the book when I get a min. Appreciate the contribution. Good to be acquainted.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:18 AM

No Probs. Let me know if/when/how you fix it mate.

Kag

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Established Member

I had this sort of feeling the first time used the bike on track, I found using the custom map setting was the best way to set the throttle response and engine braking up. I don't like the engine braking assist at all, it felt as if it was opening the throttle on it's own as I was trying to slow down.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 12:52 PM

its strange you should describe it like that on the 2014F3 800, its seems just like my 2013 F3675 used to be with the mv version of an electronic slipper clutch ! , i wonder !!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode