TV quickshifter - not downshifting - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

TV quickshifter - not downshifting

This started on my last ride. Had a quick search on the forum and don't think it's related to battery or clutch switch issues, as it works fine on upshifts. I've sprayed the strain gauge with WD40, done a factory reset, changed QS settings from up/down to off then back to up/down, but no luck. Will make an appointment with my dealer when they re-open after the holidays.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Another TV qs issue. I'm sorry to hear of your experience Neville. Do you have any engine warning lights on the dash? Does the qs stop working when the bike reaches a certain temperature?

2015 Turismo Veloce Edition 1 (#004)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

No warning lights. Out for a ride last week, shifter was working happily both up and down, then just stopped working on downshifts a couple of minutes into the ride.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Now fixed, defective pressure sensor replaced. Luckily my dealer had one in stock so sorted in one visit.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 11:00 AM

New Site Garage
Dragster RR Q/S

So this issue has appeared on my Drag RR. Out on a rideout and for the first hour or so the Q/S is perfect as usual but then won't downshift and after a while stopped upshifting also. Switched off n on again and upshift worked fine but still no down.
So left it off for the rest of the rideout (3 or 4 hours I think) and just before getting home I switch it back on and it's working both ways again.
I did wash the bike yesterday so hoping it's just some moisture causing the issue so have sprayed the Q/S with some wd40 and functioned it a few times and we'll see how it goes.
If no joy then it's a trip to the dealer I suppose, nice wee 250km jaunt.

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:20 PM

New Site Garage
So after cleaning up the connections etc, out for a ride today and Q/S is fine for first 15-20 minutes then starts having issues downshifting. It will go once down but not more, if I shift up again it'll let me quickshift back down 1 gear but again no more. Up shifting works no problem at all.
Time to visit the dealer I think, first proper issue with the bike and I'm 5000km in.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 04:25 AM

Hi Jogort, do you have the problem sorted? I've got about the same issue with my B3rr. It's only downshifting and not up-shifting anymore.....
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

My TV quickshifter has failed again. It stopped working after a weekend's riding in some dreadful weather over Easter. After a thorough cleaning of the bike and applying WD40 to the sensor unit and the plug under the tank, when everything was dried off a couple of days later it would work on upshifts but not down.
Out fir a ride today, was working on upshifts this morning, stopped for lunch, when re-started no quickshifter at all. It's frustrating that the plug and socket where for the shifter is right under the tank, otherwise I could test the switch.
My dealer has sent a tec request to the factory to se what they think could be causing this.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 10:06 AM

New Site Garage
Hi jasperjtje, No I still have issues with my Quickshifter. The last time I was at my dealer they were having problems with their MV computer and since I have been away with work. I'll hopefully be going back next week to get it looked at.

r6ymy, that sounds exactly like the issues I'm having, my dealer wants to update the map to see if it makes any difference but I'm thinking it's more the sensor is gubbed due to water ingress.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 02:29 AM

Went to the dealer, turns out the QS sensor is broken and needs to be replaced completely. Unfortunately MV is not shipping any parts at the moment, so it can take a few months.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode