A few issues that i'm gonna take up with my dealer asap - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

A few issues that i'm gonna take up with my dealer asap

I have a 2015 F3 675, I bought it new about 2 months ago and everything was going pretty OK up until after the first service.

After put quite a few miles on it this weekend a few things has come up that's not giving me a good feeling.

When starting the bike cold or hot it revs up quite alot, it always did this but seems like it's getting "worse" each day up to about 7-8k sometimes.

When riding and I pull in the clutch and not release it again revs go down all the way, then for a second or so it goes up to 3-4k then back down again to normal idle. This only seem to happen when bike is hot(ish) 3-4 bars and above.

The quickshift is ofting missing gears, especially from 4 and up, it got so annoying I stopped using it almost completely. And i tried adjusting the lever, it made little difference.

When I got home today i noticed it was leaking here?

Its on the left side just behind the fairing. this got me worried.

And the bolt holing the chainguard? fell off, not so worried about this

Any comforting words for my until I get a hold on my mechanic?

Even tho abit sad right now, i'm sure it will be taken care of

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 04:54 PM

Unfortunately loose or lost fasteners are quite common with new MV’s. I lost the side screw for the same chain guard on my F3 675 while on one of my very first rides.

For the first couple of years I would check for loose fasteners before and after each ride. Any that were found loose twice got the Loctite treatment.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 07:26 PM

I lost a few fasteners, then went through the whole damn bike with a tube of blue loktite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:08 AM

New Site Garage
Yep I lost the same screw on the chain guard on my Brutale, lost one out of the bottom of the side panel too. Also the two nuts that hold the tank down under the seat went missing, although I think I know where they are, in a box called "petrol tank nuts" at the MV factory

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 01:26 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm gonna go in the garage now and look for loose fasteners.......2014 Brutale 800, not quite to the break-in oil change, check time.....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
When I took delivery of Gina the salesman went over the bike with me and pointed out the various fasteners I should keep an eye on.
Sure enough, many of them were a bit loose when I checked a few miles later. Since checking routinely since I can report that they all stay tight now.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:41 AM

My chain guard bolt went too. Steering damper bolts were very loose after 200 miles. I now check often...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode