F3 Cush Drive Rubbers (Silent Blocks). - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
F3 Cush Drive Rubbers (Silent Blocks).

I am aware that this issue has been discussed as part of the F4 section, but I guess I'm after a more decisive course of action as applies to the F3 models. Yup, obviously the rubbers on my F3 800 are shit. Riding is not much fun lately. Please don't tell me to replace them with another set of of original MV items, as they are obviously useless. I want to get this sorted properly (at least get the reasonable amount of time out of them). Mine were never great and at 6000km are utterly atrocious. My trusted Tech tells me that this is what can be expected again and again with the original items. By the way, right now I am also waiting on a new starter clutch as I have also suffered from THAT issue. SO, is anyone aware of any reliable quality aftermarket replacement rubbers (or the whole sprocket/carrier assembly) for the F3.....something like this maybe..

http://sprocketcenter.com/hyperflex-...piece-set.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 02:14 AM
Pug

Hi mate, AMAC is doing mine this week with the 12k service.
He found the nut on the drive side of the hub was only hand tight, from the factory. So been running
around for 12,000 klms with it loose, has worn a spacer a bit as well.
Will let you know how the service and new cush drive rubbers feel like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug View Post
Hi mate, AMAC is doing mine this week with the 12k service.
He found the nut on the drive side of the hub was only hand tight, from the factory. So been running
around for 12,000 klms with it loose, has worn a spacer a bit as well.
Will let you know how the service and new cush drive rubbers feel like.

Hey Pug,
I have probably seen you around. Not too many MV's up here. I had intended to let Laurie do my 12000 as well, but I just got nervous about warranty items, as I didn't think he had authorised service agent status. I obviously have to replace the rubbers, but as I said, they are not likely to provide any reasonable longevity. Official MV word is that the low interval replacement is 'normal' and a serviceable item, meaning no warranty, (The starter clutch, I believe is a warranty item, if not an actual recall). Hence my urgency in sourcing a potential aftermarket fix. Would be keen to know how you get on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 02:20 AM
Pug

Just got it back with full service done, Laurie misses nothing with all fluids done and every control pivot point removed and lubed. Feels stronger with new plugs and the airbleed screws adjusted. No valves needed re-shimming. I got into traffic on the way home and once that temp gauge goes up it always becomes a bit of a bitch. Driveline feels great with new bushes, will see how a trip up the hill on Saturday goes if the rain pisses off. Hope you get yours back.
By the way , I have the silver Brutale with the red back wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 10:33 AM

Overtighting chain causes same issues>cush drive rubbers worn faster than normal, I got 38500km with stock ones , also several track days .There is a big play radial and sideways for the crown , but the bike rides very well. I use the shifter too , with sometimes a big bang changing gears !!! It's my second 525 chain kit, I grease it every day ride...

If you are confortable with your bike, you are not fast enough ! John Kocinski
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Question Fit?

will an F4 cush drive fit?

I have 50,000km on mine and its as tight as when new

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 05:49 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
will an F4 cush drive fit?

I have 50,000km on mine and its as tight as when new

They're generation specific.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 06:16 PM

Wink ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
They're generation specific.
since the axles and hubs interchange (size wise) I thought it might be possible to use a 1st Gen cush drive on the 2nd Gen bikes

given the durability of the 2nd Gen cush....I'd be looking into it if I had a triple

I've never seen an MV triple but there are F4s and B4s all around the area.....nearest one is 200yds away

2 of the guys I shoot trap with on Sundays have MVs

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 06:20 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
since the axles and hubs interchange (size wise) I thought it might be possible to use a 1st Gen cush drive on the 2nd Gen bikes

given the durability of the 2nd Gen cush....I'd be looking into it if I had a triple

I've never seen an MV triple but there are F4s and B4s all around the area.....nearest one is 200yds away

2 of the guys I shoot trap with on Sundays have MVs

It should be possible Noel, not sure that this is the option the guys are looking for though. On the other hand, I wonder if any of the Japanese manufacturers make the same size in better quality maybe?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 06:37 PM

Wink ?

Donsy;

I bet it's a Jap one now.....just a shit design.....

I'd definately be looking at the 1st Gen ones if I had a 2nd Gen bike

the radiators have always been Toyos, alternators ND, starters ND or Mitsubishi

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode