malfunction - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

malfunction

Hi all,

during the highway the yellow light came on on the dash, like if the side stand was in use.

The dash also gave the information "malfuction", just what i wanted to see in the middle of nowhere. After a few minutes it changed to "Stop Eng" and started to complain over something with the clutch, can't remember in details.

I pulled over and turned the ignition off, waited a few minutes turned it back on and it was gone. I could continue like nothing happened.

The weather condition offered very, very, very light rain and some moister. Could this affect the bike somehow? Anyone else with this experience?

Best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I've read here that the foot stand switch can get wet and send a false signal to the ECU? Quick fix would be to disconnect the switch, clean & dry, reassemble and spray with silicone.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idsteve View Post
I've read here that the foot stand switch can get wet and send a false signal to the ECU? Quick fix would be to disconnect the switch, clean & dry, reassemble and spray with silicone.
thanks, any ideas if it could have any side affects if i continue riding while the dash is showing me "malfuction"? Assuming it's related with the foot stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Can't help you there as it's not happened to me. I'd do a quick search on side stand here and you should find some answers.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
Hi all,

during the highway the yellow light came on on the dash, like if the side stand was in use.

The dash also gave the information "malfuction", just what i wanted to see in the middle of nowhere. After a few minutes it changed to "Stop Eng" and started to complain over something with the clutch, can't remember in details.

I pulled over and turned the ignition off, waited a few minutes turned it back on and it was gone. I could continue like nothing happened.

The weather condition offered very, very, very light rain and some moister. Could this affect the bike somehow? Anyone else with this experience?

Best regards
I was getting the yellow light and malfunction warning, also mentioned clutch & Stop engine. Didn't go into limp mode and I kept riding until it went after minute or two. Always seemed to happen when I pulled up to lights and had clutch lever in. Did it about 5 times and hasn't happened in probably 2 months of riding daily.
Been waiting for replacement clutch sensor odered by Motorad in Wgtn for over 4 months now. Stopped holding my breath as was feeling a little light headed. Tired of excuses and as it doesn't happen at present have lost heart and interest in chasing them up.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:39 AM

Hi I had same problem except at 120km an hour. Easy fix is to disconnect the side stand. It's a fault in the switch there
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
thanks, any ideas if it could have any side affects if i continue riding while the dash is showing me "malfuction"? Assuming it's related with the foot stand.
Yes that will do it. I had same problem
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Established Member

The fault should be stored. Have the dealer hook it up to the computer to find out exactly what the fault is. I got similar messages only to find out it was the tip over sensor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode