Grounding or Re-Earth - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
antonioshabirto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 756
Grounding or Re-Earth

Has anyone re-earth or ground their bikes ?

any feedbacks from you guys. I heard it gives tremendous response
antonioshabirto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:00 AM
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 82
Antonio, yes i do, combination TM, yoga exrcising, zen breathing then I plug both battery terminals into a gingko tree and just hold the throttle wide open,magical.
Sorrry no idea what you mean.
MVAli is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 AM
Senior Member
 
mikef4uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chester UK
Posts: 5,193
My wife says my bike will be grounded if I don't behave myself

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)


MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mikef4uk is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:39 AM
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Home. In Dixie.
Posts: 13,695
Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Do you mean attaching a secondary ground strap?

CAG
CAG is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
antonioshabirto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG
Do you mean attaching a secondary ground strap?

CAG
ya u do a secondary ground
antonioshabirto is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
antonioshabirto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
My wife says my bike will be grounded if I don't behave myself
Dats a good one...... have u guys not heard of it....

we did this pretty often here and do get optimum result.....

Like i said before ... its attaching a second conductor to ground ur entire bike
antonioshabirto is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
antonioshabirto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAli
Antonio, yes i do, combination TM, yoga exrcising, zen breathing then I plug both battery terminals into a gingko tree and just hold the throttle wide open,magical.
Sorrry no idea what you mean.
i hope with the explanation give u will be able to understand
antonioshabirto is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Established Member
 
Steve0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver CO.
Posts: 172
I know what you’re talking about ………… at least I think so anyway.

Earthing cables as there called. I've seen it done many a time in cars. It’s a tuner thing, just replace your stock negative leads with something way and I mean way over sized. “Emphasize the over sized”

I feel the verdict is still out if it actually helps; seems all psychological to me.

The only way I could see it actually helping is if you’re spark plugs aren’t getting enough negative feed off the block, “essentially cylinders not getting a full burn from the plugs”. Then it’s really just a wiring issue in my opinion if you spark plugs aren’t doing what there suppose to in the first place.

Now I also have to say that if you’ve tuned your car or bike to the point where you can’t do anything else to it you might in fact benefit from it being you might not have enough grounding after putting an MSD ignition system in. Then you might see some gains out of it.

In my opinion though, try the zen breathing it will probably help more.
Steve0 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
fazer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Posts: 8,920
Our wires seem big enough, I'm just not sure there's really any more substantial metal to ground to
fazer6 is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
antonioshabirto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0
I know what you’re talking about ………… at least I think so anyway.

Earthing cables as there called. I've seen it done many a time in cars. It’s a tuner thing, just replace your stock negative leads with something way and I mean way over sized. “Emphasize the over sized”

I feel the verdict is still out if it actually helps; seems all psychological to me.

The only way I could see it actually helping is if you’re spark plugs aren’t getting enough negative feed off the block, “essentially cylinders not getting a full burn from the plugs”. Then it’s really just a wiring issue in my opinion if you spark plugs aren’t doing what there suppose to in the first place.

Now I also have to say that if you’ve tuned your car or bike to the point where you can’t do anything else to it you might in fact benefit from it being you might not have enough grounding after putting an MSD ignition system in. Then you might see some gains out of it.

In my opinion though, try the zen breathing it will probably help more.
wow finally someone understand what i am talking abt ....

Last edited by antonioshabirto; 06-29-2007 at 09:56 PM.
antonioshabirto is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome