Losing the 5k RPM flatspot on the Senna /F4R? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Losing the 5k RPM flatspot on the Senna /F4R?

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I've been out of touch for a while, so I'm hoping there have been some technological developments.

My Question: What's the best soloution to losing the 5K flatspot on the F4R/Senna? What's the most recent info/best knowledge?

Appreciate any help........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:03 AM

the consenses (i think i misspelled that) (i think i misspelled misspelled, lol) are the mv race ecu fixes the flat spot at 5k
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

....hmm mv ecu eh? What's the story and where can I get 1! Also what's the story with pipes and losing the cat? Do you have to do this with the MV ECU?
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 AM

not sure if u need a aftermarket or rg3 in order to get the race ecu. but as far as the ecu goes, im not sure where to get one, these last couple of days have been hectic as far as where to get stuff, so im going to leave it to others to tell u where to buy ur ecu from. but u might want to do a full exhaust system and then get the race ecu. i think u can also do a rg3 slip on with the race ecu.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 AM

The race ECU is an MV Corse item....can be purchased from anyone that sells MV Corse parts, including EMoto.
As I understand it, the race ECU is the only item that addresses both fueling and ignition issues. The re-flash / re-mapping options provided by FBF of your current 5SM ECU will only adjust fueling, so the corrections (if you choose that route) are minimal.
I have heard that the race ECU, once installed, really makes a noticeable difference and corrects the flat spot nicely -- and works well with the stock exhaust and cat. The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K. Personally, I haven't made the jump to the race ECU ... maybe others that have can chime in?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Good info....... where can I get the stuff? ..other than emoto.... done with them.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfx
Good info....... where can I get the stuff? ..other than emoto.... done with them.
lol, other than your local dealer? im really unsure, u can try motowheels.com not sure if they have the ecu, but they have the rg3 slip on, thats for sure.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRand
The race ECU is an MV Corse item....can be purchased from anyone that sells MV Corse parts, including EMoto.
As I understand it, the race ECU is the only item that addresses both fueling and ignition issues. The re-flash / re-mapping options provided by FBF of your current 5SM ECU will only adjust fueling, so the corrections (if you choose that route) are minimal.
I have heard that the race ECU, once installed, really makes a noticeable difference and corrects the flat spot nicely -- and works well with the stock exhaust and cat. The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K. Personally, I haven't made the jump to the race ECU ... maybe others that have can chime in?
I rode my Senna for the first time today. The dealer fitted Rg3's, midpipe and race ECU then 'tuned' it on his equipment. I am no expert, but I presume this just means setting it up as opposed to mapping.

It was not very good weather, but the couple of times that I was able to have a go, I didn't notice any flat spot. Felt fantastic to me...oh and did I mention the noise...pure bliss.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRand
... The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K...
The installation of the Race ECU needs to include reseting the TPS using a VDSTS (resets the idle). The reseting the TPS takes 5 minutes or so. Also, if you eliminate the cat, you'll want to adjust the CO to spec.

Senna 1000, 06 zx10r - past 82 kz750, 82 gpz750, 87 1000 ninja, 92 cbr900rr, 2000 cbr929, 03 gsx-r1000
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

I have a full system -header pipe,mid-pipe and RG3 - with race ECU. Only after I installed the Power COmmander - Thanks Airfuel!!!! - did the flat spot go away!!!! Throttle response is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better!!!! Now, with the extrad return spring gone...gotta watch the high-sides!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode