F4-1000S front suspension problem and question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

F4-1000S front suspension problem and question

hey guys, i have a 2005 f4-1000s i weigh in at a wopping 200lbs, my front fork preload adjustment is set to the tightest, fully closed, turned all the way clockwise. and my bikes sag from the forks full extended to me siting on the bike in riding position is 37-38mm is this normal for this bike, or have my springs worn out and need replacing, or are these springs just too soft for my body weight? the bike has 16000miles on it. is this a warranty issue? im still under factory warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
the front sags?? or the back sags?? maybe you need to change to a heavier oil for the front shocks??
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy
hey guys, i have a 2005 f4-1000s i weigh in at a wopping 200lbs, my front fork preload adjustment is set to the tightest, fully closed, turned all the way clockwise. and my bikes sag from the forks full extended to me siting on the bike in riding position is 37-38mm is this normal for this bike, or have my springs worn out and need replacing, or are these springs just too soft for my body weight? the bike has 16000miles on it. is this a warranty issue? im still under factory warranty.
if it's the front suspension then try adding some oil. Go in small measures. What I mean is first add 5ml and then calculate the sag. If still you have used all the preload then try adding some oil. If still that doesn't work try replacing the springs with ones that match your weight.

Kostas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

its the front suspension. but im going to have race tech revalve and respring my complete suspension. i just wanted to know if anyone els was experiancing this problem, thanx for the replys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy
its the front suspension. but im going to have race tech revalve and respring my complete suspension. i just wanted to know if anyone els was experiancing this problem, thanx for the replys
Race Tech did a custom adjustment of my F41000S during a Pro Italia clinic. I'm 210 lbs and he still set the front preload to about 3 turns which is very soft since the manual's soft setting is 4 turns. Handles well but I've since go back to the manual's standard setting which works best for me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

hi allan, im going to have racetech revalve and respring my suspention, not adjust it, i can adjust my own suspension.

my problem is that i used the mv agsuat mannual to adjust my suspention using the standard settings for my bike, and my forks keps bottoming out, and the air ducts hit my newley painted front fender and put 2 large plastic deep nicks on it. thats when i noticed something was wrong and checked my sag.

front sag should be 35mm (about) from fully extended to rider on the bike in riding position.

mine is at 37-38mm right now, but the preload is all the way closed, no more room to tighten.

and im not sure what adding oil is going to do if its the springs that controll preload.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

i just got off the phone with Pat at pro italia, he confirmed that this is not normal, im just going to take the bike to him to look at as soon as i get done with installing my brembo brake and clutch masters, the bike is apart right now. i hate having down time. lol, i wana be on 2 wheels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode