newby aussie with electrical issues - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

newby aussie with electrical issues

GDay team im new to the site and have a question.Ive got a 2000f4 with 17000ks on the clock.I went to start it the other day and got some wierd electrical signals coming to the dash.there was a relay clicking and the dash lights were dim like a flat battery.turned head lights on and all power gone turned lights off what power there was came back and tried starter and lost power.like i said seemed like a flat battery .put the charger on and the battery is fully charged.What do ya rekon.Ive checked the fuses and as many connections as i could find but no luck.Really to all purposes seems like there is a bad connection somewhere.
PS this site has been more than helpful in the past as the knowledge base here is exceptional.

honest jez ( the working mans friend )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 AM

Ok Jez,

With your nicely charged battery.

When you turn the ignition to on does the fuel pump energise ?

joe
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Jez, did you remove the battery to charge it ? Did you reinstall it at all, many a person gets it wrong and turns it the wrong/right way up.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick responce guys,Yes battery is fully charged and yes ive done the reverse battery install a while ago and got the fix from this forum so no issue there.Couldnt sleep for thinking about the bike not working so was up early mucking around,took the lead off 1 side of the starter relay and shorted it and it winds over strong so plenty of battery power there .Not sure if its the problem but the relay that has the diode on it when I jiggle it around I get intermittent lights flashing going from dim to off in the dash .Checked all the connections and are clean so hopefully its a faulty relay.What do ya think.

cheers Jez
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
It really seems like a battery problem.How old is the battery?

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Just load tested the battery and its good apparently

Jez
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 05:07 AM

New Site Garage
Okay Jez, after you had the battery reversed and you sorted that out, have you ridden the bike at all ?
On the (some) 750's there's a plug on the right hand side of the bike (near battery) with two diodes inside, checked them ?
Sounds a bit like a bad connection somewhere, swap the two power relays under the seat unit, see if that does anything.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I don't think it's either of the diodes. If you get plenty of power by passing the relay and jumping directly to the starter, and if you get intermittent voltage with everything connected properly, I think it may be your relay. That or a bad connection somewhere.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 06:41 AM

Jezza...Is your bike a 750 or a 1000S ?

joe
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza 4 View Post
Thanks for the quick responce guys,Yes battery is fully charged and yes ive done the reverse battery install a while ago and got the fix from this forum so no issue there.Couldnt sleep for thinking about the bike not working so was up early mucking around,took the lead off 1 side of the starter relay and shorted it and it winds over strong so plenty of battery power there .Not sure if its the problem but the relay that has the diode on it when I jiggle it around I get intermittent lights flashing going from dim to off in the dash .Checked all the connections and are clean so hopefully its a faulty relay.What do ya think.

cheers Jez

Jez,

With the bike cranking as you say, did she actually fire up and run ?

I'm guessing not.

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode