Thank God for this site... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank God for this site...

Well, I'm sitting at home in the Santa Monica Mtns. in So Cal, some of the finest motorcycling in the world, with a 3 week old F4R in the garage and as of last Tuesday, a badly torn right calf muscle, the result of a spirited tennis match with my son. No riding for me for probably a month or so. Now, I realize that in the big picture a bum leg ain't no big thang but BOY, DO I LOVE RIDIN' THAT MV!! I've gotten so much helpful info and tips from you folks out there and as a "newbie" (to the marque, not riding) It is much appreciated. Incredibly knowledgeable riders, very entertaining and generous with your time and skill. Reading the new posts every day is really helping with the rehab and I'm very grateful to have it to look forward to. It's almost like I'm out there riding with you guys...almost. So I guess if the biggest problem I have in my life is a sore leg with a world class bike waiting for me to get well and the opportunity to get vicarious thrills with like minded MV nuts, I am indeed a lucky man. Thanks in advance for all the great reading. By the way, my kid won the match. I took it easy on him.

MotoMan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 AM

well although its a bummer havin a bum leg!! lol think how we brits feel , most of the year we cant even get out to ride cos of shite weather and the winters ere get more n more prolonged, so much for global warmin!!! ill be glad when we get it personally!!take this month for example, its rained ere in yorkshire what seems like every day this month and the only time the sun has been out and its been dry ive had to work!!!!! our road system and conditions get worse every year its pissing down as i type so im off to watchmgp on tv from donington park and i bet its pissin down there as well groan . at least you have the climate and weather so you can ride any time of year so a month off while a bummer lol is nowt compared to out virtual 9 months off!! get better soon regards devilboy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 AM

redwing, sorry to hear about your leg, i hope you feel better, but hey, it could be worse right? anyway, shoot me a msg sometime when u get well, we'll go on a nice ride down pch, or even topanga or latigo if ur up for it.

Joe
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Wink

Nice post mate, good to have you on board. BTW, my kid always wins when we play Tennis and the begger is starting to beat me at Golf too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 04:03 AM

New Site Garage
So Admin is God???

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity
So Admin is God???
I never read the title like that

With all jokes aside, sorry to hear that you were off the bike for some time but glad to know this board can help in some way!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
I never read the title like that
You're welcome

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:15 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the site, and to MV ownership...When I lived in Redondo Beach, the SM Mountains were my proving grounds. To this day Latigo remains one of my favorite roads...It can be a bit of a handful on an F4, with it's blind, tight corners often crossed by a trickle of water with gravel...Like a wicked video game where the stakes are a bit higher. Stunt Road, Piuma, Las Floras, as well as the top part of Mulholland are classics as well. I live a long way from there now, but still make it up there on occasion, when the itch needs a scratchin'...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...As a suggestion, sitting in the garage staring at the beast may provide some solace...Or, it might just make you ride the thing before you are ready, so maybe that isn't a great idea...

Thanks for joining, hope to meet you at the Rockstore one day, get well soon.

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 06-24-2007 at 11:09 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Just as I suspected; terrific responses! You know, 23 large really isn't a lot to pay for a bike like the MV. Especially when you consider that mvagusta.net is thrown in for free! I'm heading out to detail my baby. After all, one can't expect a stunningly gorgeous Italian supermodel to go without her spa treatments, can one? Joe and Griff, looking forward to meeting you guys soon. I've been riding the canyons for 15 years or so and I'm always looking for some riding tips. One of the great advantages of age (51) is being comfortable in your own skin and conseqeuently keeping it on your bones. I'm a good enough rider to know how good I'm not. I've waited a long time for my F4 and while it's a blast to go fast, I've got no one to impress but myself and I do that every time I make it back home without too much damage to the 'ol bod...mine not the bike's. Thanks again guys. It's a pleasure getting to know ya!

MotoMan
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM

well, im off to the canyons right now, if anyone in socal wants to meet up, im going to stop off at the rock store, see ya guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode