MV Agusta Forum banner

A nice F4 story

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Ahhgooosta 
#1 ·
So I picked up my bike in CT from its 600 mile service and rode an extended ride back to where I keep the bike back in NJ (I live in manhattan). I rode up the hudson on 9D and back down on 9W, an awesome ride and today was the perfect weather for a nice long ride.

So I get back to jersey and just cant stop riding, so I just wander aimlessly for 2 hours. Eventually, the orange fuel light comes on, so I find a service station thats still open and pull in for a fill-up...

Now, some of you may not know, but in NJ drivers are not trusted to pump their own gas - so every gas station in NJ is full service, they pump for you, that's the law. Well I pull in and park at the pump and the gasboy comes up and immediately starts firing questions about my bike. "What kind of bike is that? Where is it from? I've never seen one of these before! Can I take pics of it?"

So he takes the pump nozzles and selects premium, and then hands ME the nozzle...and says

"Here, you pump, I'm gonna take some pics, is that OK?"

So I start pumping gas (which I prefer to do anyhow), and he takes several camphone photos.

Hate to say this, but gotta love it! :yo:

See less See more
#4 ·
NICE!!! i go through that every day. people are just attracted to these bikes, and they come with alot of questions as u mentioned.

#5 ·
Very nice, I have to say I've always been a traditional Red/Silver person when it comes to colours on MV's but your black bike looks great Obmot. :smoking:

#6 ·
Cool! I know, fuelling with an MV takes always longer...

Even with a blue one John :stickpoke

#7 ·
I rode my 1098 to a meet and greet in Norwalk yesterday. Mine was the 4th 1098 to arrive. I was in back of the pizza place talking with the other 1098 riders when one guy found out I owned an F4 1000. He jumped out of his seat. "Those are shit hot! Is it out front, mind if I take a look?" I told him I rode the 1098.

He sat down again.

CAG

#8 ·
lol, yeah, the Japanese are really quiet when it comes to compliments. when i took mine to the shop to get new tires everyone who walked by stopped and stared. their eyes get all big and they whisper "sugoy!" (amazing) and "Agusta!" then they look at me and walk off. i was riding in the mountains and a bunch of American bicyclists saw me at a stoplight and they kept saying, "now THAT'S a nice bike!" and "I've never seen one of those!" it's fun. i wish i had this bike in the states.

#9 ·
I love this story! It`s so easy to break the laws on these bikes, even when just sitting still and now someone has photos to prove it. LOL. Great story they really are eye openers.

#12 ·
I called at the Doctor's surgery, to pick up a prescription for my mother, shortly after I'd purchased my F4. Just as I stopped the engine a well dressed (suit/skirt) middle aged woman walked straight up to me and said what a beautiful bike it was, "could I sit on it?". What could I do ? So she lifted her skirt up and cocked her leg over, sat the bike up and tucked her down behind the screen ! I was slightly taken aback. She turned out to be one of the resident Doctor's and an'05 Fireblade owner !

#13 ·
My neighbour was doing a plumbing job at a company and was having a smoke break outside and there was a guy there with a new R6 proudly showing it to a colleague. The colleague turned to my neighbour and said: "He's got a (*forgot*) too. Can you imagine anyone having *two* nice bikes like that!?" To which my neighbour said casually: "Yeah, my neighbour's got a Ducati... and last week he bought an MV Agusta." R6 boy didn't look quite so smug after that!

My neighbour Mandy took me to pick my MV up when I bought it. Bearing in mind she knows nothing about bikes, as we cross the road towards the parking lot outside the dealers, she points across, past all the Fireblades, Gixxers and R1s at the little red and silver thing and smiling, goes "It's that one isn't it!!"

Later that day she tells me that she's just seen one of her colleagues, a girl who rides an '06 R6. She told her that I'd bought another bike but she couldn't remember the name, only that it was Italian. When the girl asked if it was an MV Agusta, and Mandy said yes, she replied. "Tell him he's a flash c*nt!" (That was the reaction from most of my friends too..)

Si

#14 ·
Last ride out a Harley rider (he was in a car with his better half) bailed me up at the service station. He couldn't take his eyes of the exhaust. Was saying this thing is amazing just beautiful.

But seriously can't remember all my stories, most rides out I get the same reactions.

#15 ·
Sat behind a Ferrari 360, listening to the F1 exhaust set up on it - sounded fab when he hit the gas.
Got to a nice little straight - totally blew him away. Sat up at the traffic lights a couple of miles down the road, he pulled up alongside, "that MV sounds awsome mate" - "so does that" I replied, followed by " what does a 360 cost these days, £100k?" he answerd "about that, yeah" I looked down at hime & said " this cost me £15k - f**ked your Ferrari didn't it !"
He wound up his window.

:f4: :yo:

#16 ·
Obmot, nice story! Funny about the NJ fuel man. I think that about sums it up.

I think maybe 50% of other sportbike riders in Tucson even know what an MV is. It's highly rare that someone in a car makes a comment.

People are oblivious to bikes here I think.

The ones I really can't stand are the ones who go out of their way to tell me that the MV sucks for whatever reason they read in a magazine, although they are trying to pass the opinion off as their own. So I ask if they'd like to take it to the track and prove it. So far none of them even ride at the track.

#17 ·
Yesterday, stopped for breakfast near a couple of Honda CBR's and a Suzuki GSXR. Ended up sitting on the curb near my F4 eating when an older guy who was walking to his truck across the lot saw me there. He walked over, after having past the other bikes and said "I don't know anything about sportbikes, but that thing is gorgeous".

Nice comments to hear from those who know nothing about motorcycles, but know art when they see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.