Just recieved my F4.... WOW - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Just recieved my F4.... WOW

Hey fellas'

I just recieved my f4 750 and shall i say WOW... such a beautiful bike and rides so smooth.... Handling is so nice too..... But a few things about the bike that I didn't like.... and it came as a surprise to me because I dont see to many Agusta's around here so just never experienced it... but the sound is very weak I shall say.... Coming from a Ducati, I was very surprised that it sounded like a jap bike.... I was expecting something more muscular.... and secondly the seat is just soo skimpy...no padding at all... but in any case I love her... She's amazingly beautiful and definately a head turner.... I brought her into a jap dealership to get an inspection sticker and she drew a little crowd.... put a smile on my face....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckat238
Hey fellas'

I just recieved my f4 750 and shall i say WOW... such a beautiful bike and rides so smooth.... Handling is so nice too..... But a few things about the bike that I didn't like.... and it came as a surprise to me because I dont see to many Agusta's around here so just never experienced it... but the sound is very weak I shall say.... Coming from a Ducati, I was very surprised that it sounded like a jap bike.... I was expecting something more muscular.... and secondly the seat is just soo skimpy...no padding at all... but in any case I love her... She's amazingly beautiful and definately a head turner.... I brought her into a jap dealership to get an inspection sticker and she drew a little crowd.... put a smile on my face....

COMPLIMENTS!!!!
I?M HAPPY WEN GUYS BUY MV!!!!!!
NOW YOU HAVE..................MOTORCYCLE ART!!!!!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Banned

ckat238

congrats

you will find lots of crowds and turning heads from now on
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:23 AM

It's an inline 4 with a choked pipe. It's never going to sound like a twin. The engine layout is the same as a Japanese bike so it's going to sound Japanese. Although to my ear, different fueling systems make for different sounds.

Sort of like if you know what Weber carbs sound like, you know who has them and who doesn't.

The seat sucks. There isn't much hope for it.

'01 F4S
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 AM

Congratulations old chap!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 AM

Congrats on receiving your bike.....you could try an emoto gel seat. Any comments from anyone, are they more comfortable?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
God, I loved the sound of Webber carbs. I had a double pumpper Holly 750 on my LS7 and lusted after webbers.

Does you midpipe have a Cat? If so, replace the midpipe. Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG
God, I loved the sound of Webber carbs. I had a double pumpper Holly 750 on my LS7 and lusted after webbers.

Does you midpipe have a Cat? If so, replace the midpipe. Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG
My dad and I ran a VW sand rail for a while. We used a Zenith carb off of a Porshce, but the Webers that a lot of guys used were unmistakeable. And you can hear some of that same sound in Ferraris and american V8s. Neat isn't it?

'01 F4S
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckat238
Hey fellas'

Congrats!!

As some other guys mentioned - get used to the head-turning effect

There are lots of opportunities for you to tune the sound to where you want it. For my 910 Brutale, this it what i did: swapped the cat for a bypass mid pipe, and got a BMC open race filter. It now sounds really deep and hard. No one mistakes it for a Jap

For the f4 you could do a lot! For instance I teste rode a f4 1000 with sil moto silencers/cat bypass/filter, and man, it scared other wehicles of the road!

/Thomas
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG
Replace the exhaust with the Corse exhaust and it will sound better than your Ducati.

CAG
+1

Or if you don't have the cash, get your stock exhaust cored. When I ride a modern Duc...with termis...it's quite compared to my F4.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode