New RG3, Midpipe, and ECU - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

New RG3, Midpipe, and ECU

Took the plunge today and ordered the aluminum RG3 slip-ons, midpipe, and ECU for my new F4 1000R from my local dealer. Will install at the first service, probably end of next week. My dealer seems to think the ECU is a must. I'm not so sure but priority is to smooth out the powerband as much as to enhance the exhaust note. Coming from a very loud Ducati I can't quite adjust to quiet bikes. I have to say the F4 R is not that quiet box stock (especially compared to Japanese fours), but I'll take a few more decibels nonetheless.

Still have about two-thirds miles remaining before the first service. I think I'm most impressed thus far with the bike's ability to corner. Gives you loads of confidence. I'm looking very forward to higher rpms! I've kept to the run-in schedule and plan to not deviate. It's hard riding around at 3 1/2 to 5K most of the time, but that's the sacrifice!

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 AM

Balls, you better check this yourself but I believe to meet Euro 3 specifications the 1000R and the R312 has the midpipe welded as part of the extractors. So people cannot tamper with the cat converter. To use your new midpipe you will need to cut the old midpipe off the extractors. Make sure this is done correctly as the midpipe comes very close the the swing arm. Get it wrong and the first ride would be an expensive one. The midpipe orginally for / copied for the 1000s completely separate to the extractors and are held by springs.

I'm not sure if the the new ECU will remove the oxygen sensor? The midpipe I've seen (design for the 1000s) does not have a hole for the oxygen sensor because the 1000s does not have an oxygen sensor!!!

Talk to your dealer and verify that the midpipe you have purchase will fit your 1000R.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. He already has the midpipe in stock (several) so I won't get it if it isn't bolt-on. Just as well as it'll save $$$. But I'll take a close look when I go for a ride in a bit. Got to keep racking those miles up!

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
Balls, you better check this yourself but I believe to meet Euro 3 specifications the 1000R and the R312 has the midpipe welded as part of the extractors. So people cannot tamper with the cat converter. To use your new midpipe you will need to cut the old midpipe off the extractors. Make sure this is done correctly as the midpipe comes very close the the swing arm. Get it wrong and the first ride would be an expensive one. The midpipe orginally for / copied for the 1000s completely separate to the extractors and are held by springs.

I'm not sure if the the new ECU will remove the oxygen sensor? The midpipe I've seen (design for the 1000s) does not have a hole for the oxygen sensor because the 1000s does not have an oxygen sensor!!!

Talk to your dealer and verify that the midpipe you have purchase will fit your 1000R.
Good advice

If your R is EURO 3 check that out at once
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

My midpipe is removable!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode