bye bye f4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

bye bye f4

hi al.

just thought ild say thanks for being a great website, but im trading in my f4 750 for a r1, as i cant take how slow the thing is and i cant afford a 1000 mv.

i hate the jap stuff but, my mv is so slow its embarrasing, i went out today and my mates had to wait for me several times,

the bikes got no power low down, well below 9000 rpm anyway and pulling off is a joke, looks the nuts, but just to slow. no one could beleive it when they had a go, were shocked

ill still be coming on here as its a great site

Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 AM

Sorry you feel that way, but congrats on the new bike, and Stick around on this forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Vatoloco
whats wrong with it

why a R1 go with the aprilia you get a RSV R for the same price even cheaper.
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

hi mate,
never ben into aprillia, i can get a good r1 from a dealer for 5k, underseat pipes model, and parts are cheap, hopefully as thats all my f4 is worth.

the f4 is just slow, has no go in it, pull away and you are just waiting for it
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Oh dear! I hope this wasn't the resut of our conversation at Warwick services this week!

Good luck - I picked my '04 R1 up yesterday and I'm really pleased with it
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Smile

Sorry to hear the F4 is going Bryan but the R1 is a hell of a bike too. Shame you can't afford the 1000 F4 cos I think they are fairly evenly matched in many respects. Good to hear you'll be hanging around and who knows, you might have both R1 and F4 in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

blackbrute, no its just today when we had to keep slowing down for cars then speed up 2 ova take, my mates would be in third and ild have to drop it into first to get the revs up, i like it, just slow, is there anything i can do tho,

the 1000f4 would be great, just as fast as a r1, but how much would i expect to pay, realistically
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
dmx

I understand the 750 is no match for a litre jap bike, but to give it the slagging off you have is a bit overboard.

You speak of it being embarasingly slow, and your friends had to wait for you several times - i put it to you that your friends are either riding like complete lunatics on public roads or your just not the quick rider you think you are!

Im currently waiting on my F4 750, but have ridden it back to back with my current bike, a cbr600rr and theres really nothing in it speedwise. Infact i much preferred the F4 in every way.

Ive done some group riding with guys on litre bikes and i can assure you at no point in the spirited journey was i ever lagging behind, and i believe i'd more than match that pace with the MV.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 03:15 PM

New Site Garage
Isn't there something wrong with your MV?? Okay, it's slower than a 1000, but not that slow. I had a 750 once and never had such problems.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

maxy, yeah there is, when you give the throtle a quick blip it sometimes dies and takes ages to restart.

my main moan, is how slow it is on take off,

are they all slow up until about 6000 rpm?

am i trying to hard to compare it to the 916 ducati i had bilt by baines.

i just dont know, just know its pissed me off.

looks the part tho, lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode